Truck was stolen last night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devildog72

Reaction score
Well my baby was stolen last night,guess they managed to hot wire, couldn't get out of bed quick enough and watched it drive pass. Recieved a call about hour later that they found it. It was first seen by county sharriff and gave chase, stop sticks was used and they had to break off chase bacuas it cross state line. I live in Kansas city Missouri and it went into Kansas city Kansas. They found it stuck at a railroad crossing being stopped by a train and obanded. Its at the police lot getting the full csi treatment because of the chase. All I know as of now that it has 2 flat tires and probably broken steering column or ignition switch. The police said that it stuck out like a soar thumb because it's a 2 door.

So next question is I need a good anti theft for it. Any recommendations?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sux
@ least it was recovered

start with: jimmijammer.com
then find a reputable stereo shop & talk to them about alarm within your budget.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with alarms has been that the biggest factor is the quality of installation. Find an alarm that has the features you want and can afford and have it installed by a reputable shop. Verify that all of the features work before leaving. So many times I've seen alarms that didn't have the starter disable functional simply because the shop didn't wanna bother with the extra wiring of the relay

neosoul

Reaction score
with everything suggested above I would invest in a club which installs on the steering wheel. I've put one on my 2 door because it has been broken into twice. They've gotten into it but couldn't get away with it.

TheWarBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 90 pound boxer/pit mix. For some reason no one will steal my stuff. Only one idiot neighbor will come on my property, and he only comes on when he knows she is in the hose.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
with everything suggested above I would invest in a club which installs on the steering wheel. I've put one on my 2 door because it has been broken into twice. They've gotten into it but couldn't get away with it.
Weakest part of the club is the steering wheel .If someone really wants your ride and they know there's a club on , all they have to do is cut through the steering wheel with a hacksaw blade. Takes literally 10 secs .

rAiN_Twist

Reaction score
Honestly man, if someone wants into something bad enough. No matter what your going to do, they will get in, and they will take it. My dad had a brand new 2008 Trailblazer, and it got stolen, with the doors locked, and alarmed armed. They somehow managed to get into it without the alarm going off. They found it a day later, sitting in a field, with all the paint striped off of it, and the hood gone. I would say, just lock your car doors and don't put anything valuable in your truck.

rAiN Twist - YouTube

OP
OP
D

devildog72

Reaction score
So far the detecrime said the key switch is punched out. The right fender and fender well ia tore up from the tire tire shredding after it hit the spikey strips so I'm sure rim and right front end componotes are trashed and there is a big V impression in the front end from it smaking into something.. they did find skull masks, stalkings and a briefcase with lock picking tools to the can run prints and dna from. He told me Missouri is backed logged on processing and will take a year.I'm hoping they will not try to screw me with towing and storage fees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia