Truck was stolen last night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would always have some kind of good alarm system.. I dont know anyone who doesn't. Glad that they got the truck back.

neosoul

Reaction score
Weakest part of the club is the steering wheel .If someone really wants your ride and they know there's a club on , all they have to do is cut through the steering wheel with a hacksaw blade. Takes literally 10 secs .
10 seconds? Thats still 8 seconds longer than it takes thieves to defeat these current alarms. I just watched a guy with 20,000 dollars of electronics, alarms, and other upgrades get his truck stolen with thieves using this new device that they are carrying around that unlocks your door and shuts off your alarm in 2 seconds, the only way he got his truck back was social media. He posted his truck on facebook and someone saw it. If you feel your vehicle is worth it I would install a gps to where you could disable the truck by app or a service such as lojack. What I try to do is slow a thief down anyway I can, time is a thiefs worst enemy. My club won't stop anyone who really wants my truck but I try to make them use as much time getting it as possible

TDAWG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your baby. Here's my .02 & advice for a juvenile delinquent how's dad owned a body shop and grew up working, playing, borrowing cars and such. you can actually make your own kill switch and hide it. alarms are only to keep honest thieves honest. Here's a trick for those that think your alarm will stop your vehicle from getting stolen or even broken into. Thieves will make your alarm go off a lot to the point of pissing you off that you will eventually turn it off. especially if it's bad weather out. There is only so many times you will check on it till you get tired. Your best bet is to install motion lights and even a camera system. Both are pretty affordable nowadays. But like all else if they really want your vehicle then they will get it.

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 90 pound boxer/pit mix. For some reason no one will steal my stuff. Only one idiot neighbor will come on my property, and he only comes on when he knows she is in the hose.
LOL .."Boxer" "American Band Dawg" WL GSD guy here.

I had no idea "Boxer/Pit" mixes got that big??? And ... a female ... wow ... that's a "Dawg!" :)

TheWarBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She doesn't look at big, but she is a solid chunk of muscle. Awesome to have a dog that could inflict some serious damage, but is so gentle that the 4 year old leads her around the house.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
So far the detecrime said the key switch is punched out. The right fender and fender well ia tore up from the tire tire shredding after it hit the spikey strips so I'm sure rim and right front end componotes are trashed and there is a big V impression in the front end from it smaking into something.. they did find skull masks, stalkings and a briefcase with lock picking tools to the can run prints and dna from. He told me Missouri is backed logged on processing and will take a year.I'm hoping they will not try to screw me with towing and storage fees.
I would think the storage would be on the cops. Should be at one of there yard cause it's a criminal investigation. And not being your fault it should be free. Any pics of your truck before she was stolen ???

OP
OP
D

devildog72

Reaction score
Pic of my truck. I seen it yesterday for the first time. My stock 16 inch rim is about 10 inches now and we'll basically same size as the rotor. Tire is wedged up into the fender well ad fender flair is hanging off. Bumber as a v dent in it, head lights and turn signals broken. Bottom of steering column gone and keys switch laying in passenger seat. My insurance is paying for storage and towing. It at thier place right now getting the run down. I know I'll need complete right front end, I'm sure brakes and rotors are gone, bearing probably burnt up as well half shaft. Inside is trashed a bit .

20160123_101345.jpg

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Pic of my truck. I seen it yesterday for the first time. My stock 16 inch rim is about 10 inches now and we'll basically same size as the rotor. Tire is wedged up into the fender well ad fender flair is hanging off. Bumber as a v dent in it, head lights and turn signals broken. Bottom of steering column gone and keys switch laying in passenger seat. My insurance is paying for storage and towing. It at thier place right now getting the run down. I know I'll need complete right front end, I'm sure brakes and rotors are gone, bearing probably burnt up as well half shaft. Inside is trashed a bit .

View attachment 66653
That's a beautyfull truck. I hope they fix it for you.

OP
OP
D

devildog72

Reaction score
Well looks like I'm going to have to fight my insurance, they gave me 2500 worth of damage but only using recycled parts, freaking junkyard parts. Only thing new is steering column. Parts are bumper, fender flare ,wheel house, rim,and turn signal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz