TRANSMISSION Oil Cooler Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007YukonXL

Reaction score
This is a similar question to my post on the ENGINE oil cooler retrofit...

My 2007 GMC Yukon does not have an external TRANSMISSION oil cooler as it only has the radiator tranny oil cooler fittings.

Has anyone installed an external transmission oil cooler? T

Is there a kit available with the oil cooler that mounts in front of the radiator and lines pre-made I might go that route.

Any suggestions, advice, pictures, or well wishing would be appreciated!!!

THANKS

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My 2007 GMC Yukon does not have an external TRANSMISSION oil cooler as it only has the radiator tranny oil cooler fittings.

Is there a kit available with the oil cooler that mounts in front of the radiator and lines pre-made I might go that route.

THANKS

I'll be doing this when I remove my bumper cover/grille to replace my headlights. I have a Tru-Cool Max LPD47391 kit on deck for this. I might get the OEM HD trans cooler hose set and modify it so I'll have hard line ran the whole way.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

THANKS

If you decide on the OE route:

1 Transmission Oil Cooler 20880895
1 Inlet Pipe 25999420
1 Outlet Pipe 15779543
1 Retainer 15049288

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I'll be doing this when I remove my bumper cover/grille to replace my headlights. I have a Tru-Cool Max LPD47391 kit on deck for this. I might get the OEM HD trans cooler hose set and modify it so I'll have hard line ran the whole way.

If you do the OEM return line, be aware the connector on the side of the trans is very difficult to access. Need a small left hand to remove and reinstall the retaining clip. Or drop the exhaust.

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score

THANKS[/QUOTE]

I would purchase this bracket: https://atomicfabandperformance.com/product/trucool-40k-trans-cooler-mount/

Also, there engine mounts are superior!!

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Chris, what about aftermarket hoses, from Vibrant - they are poly and never need replacing in our southern heat!!

OP
OP

2007YukonXL

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

Using hard (aluminum) lines is better than rubber or PTFE because the aluminum acts like a supplemental radiator and dissipates heat while the fluid is flowing through the lines.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do the OEM return line, be aware the connector on the side of the trans is very difficult to access. Need a small left hand to remove and reinstall the retaining clip. Or drop the exhaust.

I haven't looked into it this far yet. Thank you for the notice.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris, what about aftermarket hoses, from Vibrant - they are poly and never need replacing in our southern heat!!

I'm not familiar with them. I've made lines from quality bulk hose and stainless worm drive hose clamps and had them last 15+ years. I wouldn't hesitate to use them on this, but if I can have factory hard lines the whole way, I'd rather go that route. AFAIK, all that's needed for the Tru-Cool 40K is a splice fitting so you can cut the left side pipe (when facing engine) and reattach it rotated 180°.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons