Building the SS(V) TrailHoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I wonder why it wasn't ordered with that already disabled?

There’s a lot doesn’t make sense about the CBP mods on this. Seems crudely done. The rear audio has been dead since I got it; I was sure it was disabled. Nope- just every speaker in the back is dead. Open circuit. How’s that happen???

The rear lock buttons had the actuator rods removed and the buttons screwed in place on the door plastic.

The operating cables for the interior door handles removed. Luckily you can buy those from Dorman. Chevrolet will only sell it integrated with a new door latch a$$embly.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually need to swap the rear locks between mine. The lock rods are missing from theothertwin, but it's the one i use for daily. Thecopcar has them, but no need since I've removed the rear seat to make room for the large doggie, and a fridge.

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Back doors all together again with fully functional windows, locks, door handles, and speakers. While I was in there I placed some Dynamat to quiet it a bit. Forgot to take pictures of that, I’ll try to remember to do that when I do the fronts. Which may be months down the road, depending on other factors.

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Pulled off the front plastic today to get the headlights out and find out why the high beams don’t work. As expected, the cop shop cut the wiring; found it about 6” behind the headlights connector to the vehicle harness. Soldered and heat shrinked the original wiring and it’s all good to go. Had a DRL out and a side marker bulb, so while I had them out I replaced all the small lamps. It’s just ridiculous the work you have to go through to get the lights out of these trucks.

Probably later I’ll replace the faded out factory lights with new, but it’s a not a priority now.

Tomorrow I’ll install the transmission cooler, while the facia is off.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled off the front plastic today to get the headlights out and find out why the high beams don’t work. As expected, the cop shop cut the wiring; found it about 6” behind the headlights connector to the vehicle harness. Soldered and heat shrinked the original wiring and it’s all good to go. Had a DRL out and a side marker bulb, so while I had them out I replaced all the small lamps. It’s just ridiculous the work you have to go through to get the lights out of these trucks.

Probably later I’ll replace the faded out factory lights with new, but it’s a not a priority now.

Tomorrow I’ll install the transmission cooler, while the facia is off.
I took the grill out to do the larger transmission cooler. I should have just pulled the entire skin. Later I did the rear when I changed the impact bar to get a factory trailer hitch. Mega easy.

OP
OP
B

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
98812259-0527-4AAD-A9ED-1AEEE9F0EC4C.jpeg
Added the OEM supplemental trans cooler today. GM used to sell this as a reasonably priced kit complete with all the lines etc. That part has been discontinued, so now you have to purchase 4 individual components at twice the price.

I debated aftermarket however I’m biased to trust in OEM engineering when it’s available. This thing will never be a tow rig of any consequence, this is just insurance to compensate for the large tires and frequent off road use.

Note to self: NEXT TIME let the guys installing the new transmission install the cooler at the same time! Disconnecting and reconnecting the new hard line to the side of the transmission with everything else in place was not fun. Bad language was used. Blood was shed. :mad3:

Edit: first drive today I’m seeing a 20 degree f drop. Ambient 90; transmission temperatures now 17x vs 19x in typical city driving.

Part numbers for future reference:
Cooler 20880895
Inlet pipe 25999416
Outlet pipe 15779543
Clip / bracket 15049288 (holds the hard lines in place below the cooler)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu