Transfer Case oil recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swat2380

Reaction score
Find a new service advisor/mechanic. Actual Dex VI licensed fluids are specd so tight by GM that there is little to no difference from brand to brand with the exception of companies using a slightly different base oil but still has ti be within GM spec. There is only one, possibly two additive providers for Dex VI licensed oils (Lubrizol) and a brand of oil cannot dictate what goes into the add pack.

So to summarize Dex VI is Dex VI some boutique oil companies make a great fluid that "meets dex vi" requirements but is not a licensed actual Dex VI product

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over a year later, how are people doing with their transfer case? Same beliefs on suggested fluids?

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over a year later, how are people doing with their transfer case? Same beliefs on suggested fluids?

For the past yr and 16,000+ miles we have been running Amsoil ATF in our AWD transfer case. So far so good ?

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LubeGard additives are the bomb!!! I use the red bottle in
all my GM transmissions. The other color bottles are IF you need
to turn your base fluid into a highly modified type (like some Mopar, Toyota, Ford stuff) That way you don't have to "stock" so types of fluids.

My transmission guy turned me on to LubeGard over 25 years ago..
I use it at every service

To ADD: I only use the additive bottles.. NOT the fluid.
I have never used the fluid itself.
Any brand of Dex VI is fine...