Tpms problems on 2008 express van

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
I’m dealing with My work van. It’s 2008 express van.. no key fobs (manual locks) but I do have DIC buttons on the dash. My problem is I cannot get the Tpms to say “tire trading active” on the dash... I followed everything I read. Engage parking brake. Turn key to on but engine remains off. Then use the DIC to get to tire re learn. When I press the check button. It just blinks and does nothing...

Some additional info. My horn doesn’t work I think it’s the relay that’s built into the fuse box. (It’s not a removable relay) maybe not related but I do know that it says the horn will honk so I’m wondering if it’s possible that could be causing the malfunction

also my tire sensors did work at one time. This started when I changed out my battery and I guess that reset the computer

thanks for any info

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
try pressing the check button down and keep holding it down, it doesn't work if you just press the button once you have to press and hold

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If these TPMS sensors are original, they may be at the end of their life as well as they would be 12 years old.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If these TPMS sensors are original, they may be at the end of their life as well as they would be 12 years old.

I see where you’re coming from but I can’t agree because they were working perfectly fine until I changed out my battery. Now I can’t get it to go into relearn mode. Has probably been like this for close to a year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try pressing the check button down and keep holding it down, it doesn't work if you just press the button once you have to press and hold

I’ll try that tomorrow when I’m
In the car. Coincidentally I actually was messing with it today and tried to hold the button but maybe for like 2-3 seconds. Not that long. I’ll try again

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure what year they changed the process but on my 2012 you have to hold down the lock and unlock buttons at the same time on the key fob, you also have to use a tpms tool.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what inside the vehicle actually receives the data from the tpms? Maybe I can work on diagnosing that part