TPMS low pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dasanii19

Reaction score
Just had a balance/rotation done on my 07 Yukon 2500 SLT and now my tpms sensor low pressure is popping up on all 4 wheels. Tire center re-learned sensors twice and still won’t go away. Any ideas? These are not factor wheels or tires if that matters..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe they didn't do it right, on the 2007 you should be able to do it yourself without any special tools

On vehicles not equipped with keyless entry, press and release the DIC INFO button until the TIRE LEARN message appears on the DIC display. Press and hold the SET/RESET button until a double horn chirp sounds indicating the learn mode has been enabled. The left front turn signal also will be illuminated
Starting with the left front tire increase or decrease the tire air pressure for 8-10 seconds until you hear the horn chirp, once you hear the horn proceed to the front right tire and do the same until you have completed all 4 wheels in a clockwise pattern left front, right front, right rear, left rear.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll add that if they were programmed with other GM vehicles nearby, the system could get messed up too.

Do it again yourself but make sure no other GM cars OR remotes are nearby when you do it. The air pressure warning is set to about 10 psi below the door sticker. But a Tech-2 can easily change this setting. Mine are programmed to light up at 40 psi as we're running LT tires @ 50 psi. Convert to Kilopascals.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I'll add that if they were programmed with other GM vehicles nearby, the system could get messed up too.

Do it again yourself but make sure no other GM cars OR remotes are nearby when you do it. The air pressure warning is set to about 10 psi below the door sticker. But a Tech-2 can easily change this setting. Mine are programmed to light up at 40 psi as we're running LT tires @ 50 psi. Convert to Kilopascals.

Why are we converting?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just had a balance/rotation done on my 07 Yukon 2500 SLT and now my tpms sensor low pressure is popping up on all 4 wheels. Tire center re-learned sensors twice and still won’t go away. Any ideas? These are not factor wheels or tires if that matters..

Perhaps I am misunderstanding but, if I understand correctly, you are saying that the dash is telling you all your tires are LOW.

It sounds to me like when the shop did your balance/rotation that they probably checked your air pressure and dropped them all down to the recommended pressure for a 1500 instead of realizing yours was a 2500.

2500 recommended pressure is 50psi front and 71psi rear.

1500 recommended tire pressure is 30psi for 17" wheels and 32psi for 20" wheels.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I am misunderstanding but, if I understand correctly, you are saying that the dash is telling you all your tires are LOW.

It sounds to me like when the shop did your balance/rotation that they probably checked your air pressure and dropped them all down to the recommended pressure for a 1500 instead of realizing yours was a 2500.

1500 recommended tire pressure is 30psi for 17" wheels and 32psi for 20" wheels.

71 or 60?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Good call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont