TPMS Failure Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of posts here on TPMS sensors, but can’t find one that deals with my issue, I think.

Wife’s 2013 Yukon says the front PS tire is at 28 psi. When I put two different analog pressure gauges, it reads 40 psi. The other three read correctly and respond. Would this be a bad battery? Normally I get no reading when a battery goes out, not a wrong reading.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my TPMS’ a couple years ago. It was winter and they just started dropping out. I relearned a few of them and they lasted a few more months then finally when trying the relearn, no response. I haven’t had any rogue reporters.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure I’ve heard of one reading low. What happens when you increase or decrease pressure? Might try deleting it and doing a relearn.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either way, you're gonna have to break the tire bead to access it. If I'm that far in, I'm replacing it. Unless they've been replaced, the others are just as aged and are likely to start dropping dead soon.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything seems to be working fine now. Hope it lasts so I can deal with it when it’s warmer out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo