Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
To reset the long term fuel trims, connect the Tech 2 and enter your vehicle information, and go into the Powertrain menu.
> Special Functions
> Fuel System
> Fuel Trim Reset. It collects some data for a few seconds.
On the next screen the fuel trims are shown, and a soft menu item "Reset" at the bottom of the screen should appear. In order to select it, press the soft key (just below the screen) once -- or you might need to do it a second time -- and the LTFTs should reset to zero. (Since the engine is not running, the STFTs are static at 0.)

View attachment 376846

View attachment 376847
Thanks @Fless. I'll try it tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I did what you described and it didn't work for me, but I'll give it a shot again. Does it need to be running or does the vehicle need to be key on, engine off?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks @Fless. I'll try it tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I did what you described and it didn't work for me, but I'll give it a shot again. Does it need to be running or does the vehicle need to be key on, engine off?

I don't know if you can do it while running, but it should work with just KOEOff.

You see my E85 LTFTs, right? Pretty much perfect...

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
This came today20220811_170018.jpg20220811_170030.jpg
As usual, gonna be a bit before I can get to it. Bringing the stinkin' home to a mechanic this Saturday. I'm hopeful he'll find the issue. He's actually the only guy I'd call a mechanic and not a parts swapper.
Gonna go look at a car this Sunday. I'm hoping it'll work out. It's an 05 GXP. I've always liked them--plus we need another car, instead of the 2 junkers we have now.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Took it to the mechanic today, he checked some basic things. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good 6" cone filter? I'd rather it be the dry style. The one in my Volant is so filthy, can't even see through it, plus the rubber on the neck is starting to crack. He also told me he thinks the maf is too close to the box(mounted on it), and too far away from the tb to get a good correct reading to send to the pcm. I've had a soft maf code since the original 6.0/cam swap was done. He thinks it being mounted on the cold air box might be part of the issue. Told me to get a new filter, and to clean the maf really good. If those aren't the problems it may be the pcm has a bad board in it. This kind of makes sense to me. The original tuner told me he couldn't program the pcm in the truck, that it kept losing communication with his laptop. This happens to me all the time. Constantly loses communication with the Tech 2 AND with my scanner. One time I had gotten a bunch of crazy random codes when I plugged in my scanner. So--try cleaning the maf, get a new cone filter, and if that doesn't solve the problem, a new pcm.
So........anyone know of a good 6" dry cone air filter?

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it to the mechanic today, he checked some basic things. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good 6" cone filter? I'd rather it be the dry style. The one in my Volant is so filthy, can't even see through it, plus the rubber on the neck is starting to crack. He also told me he thinks the maf is too close to the box(mounted on it), and too far away from the tb to get a good correct reading to send to the pcm. I've had a soft maf code since the original 6.0/cam swap was done. He thinks it being mounted on the cold air box might be part of the issue. Told me to get a new filter, and to clean the maf really good. If those aren't the problems it may be the pcm has a bad board in it. This kind of makes sense to me. The original tuner told me he couldn't program the pcm in the truck, that it kept losing communication with his laptop. This happens to me all the time. Constantly loses communication with the Tech 2 AND with my scanner. One time I had gotten a bunch of crazy random codes when I plugged in my scanner. So--try cleaning the maf, get a new cone filter, and if that doesn't solve the problem, a new pcm.
So........anyone know of a good 6" dry cone air filter?
Hey :D
I am still running a stock airbox in mine but when i changed my airfilter out i replaced it with a K&N serviceable cone filter. Has been really good.16604290578245602902354184631185.jpgThis is how it is set up. Just had a look,needs a clean.
Thanks for the reminder. Air is important. Will be great if thats fixs your issue.
Cheers