Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
The power of the almighty DIC. Y'all just need to get yourselves a DIC and you'll have all the control you're missing. I enjoy using my DIC. It does more for me than I need it to. It got me in trouble a few times, but that was before I learned how to properly use it's features. Ever since my DIC and I became one with each other, our drives have been drama-free. Jenn never did learn how to use the Tahoe's DIC and I had to coach her over the phone a couple of times. But she drives a different car now that doesn't have such a DIC.

LMAO!!!!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I went to go put on my 22's and saw this--minus the ratchet.
20180616_171710-jpg.201627

Puddle of trans fluid. I took the front splash shield off.
20180616_171725-jpg.201628

Side view.
20180616_172105-jpg.201629

When the trans guy put the trans cooler line in for me, I guess he didn't route it the correct way using the factory hold down clips, so every time we'd turn the wheel left, the idler arm(I think that's it) would rub on the metal line, eventually rubbing right through it. I'm so happy I noticed it today and not on the road. I bought some fuel pressure line with some fuel line clamps. I then cut the cooler line(hardline)and fed the rubber fuel line in place. I used 1 foot of line, so hopefullythat's plenty. Then I must've used 20 zip ties, because that ***** was stillrubbing everywhere! I think I finally got it to where nothing is rubbing--I HOPE! I don't have pics of the finished job as it was getting dark and mosquitoes love spanish meat. Wish me luck guys.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When the trans guy put the trans cooler line in for me, I guess he didn't route it the correct way using the factory hold down clips, so every time we'd turn the wheel left, the idler arm(I think that's it) would rub on the metal line, eventually rubbing right through it. I'm so happy I noticed it today and not on the road. I bought some fuel pressure line with some fuel line clamps. I then cut the cooler line(hardline)and fed the rubber fuel line in place. I used 1 foot of line, so hopefullythat's plenty. Then I must've used 20 zip ties, because that ***** was stillrubbing everywhere! I think I finally got it to where nothing is rubbing--I HOPE! I don't have pucs of the finished job as it was getting dark and mosquitoes love spanish meat. Wish me luck guys.

@Tonyrodz , I had the same thing happen on my '04. When I had the transfer case rebuilt last year they replaced the two hard tranny lines that go up front, but like yours they didn't clip them out of the way. So the top of the idler arm scraped them on a hard left turn. I was under there checking some things a few weeks ago and noticed the scraped lines so I moved them up out of the way and strapped them up. I'm going to keep my eye on them to make sure they don't start leaking.

Be careful with fuel line and transmission fluid -- I've heard that tranny fluid will eat through that stuff pretty quickly. They do make actual tranny fluid hose.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
@Tonyrodz , I had the same thing happen on my '04. When I had the transfer case rebuilt last year they replaced the two hard tranny lines that go up front, but like yours they didn't clip them out of the way. So the top of the idler arm scraped them on a hard left turn. I was under there checking some things a few weeks ago and noticed the scraped lines so I moved them up out of the way and strapped them up. I'm going to keep my eye on them to make sure they don't start leaking.

Be careful with fuel line and transmission fluid -- I've heard that tranny fluid will eat through that stuff pretty quickly. They do make actual tranny fluid hose.
Sounds like you caught that just in time. @Fless , I really hope you're wrong about tranny fluid and fuel line.I def don't want to do that twice. With my luck when it happens I'll be far from home.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Swapped to the 22's today. Gotta get used to them again.
20180617_140544-jpg.201702
20180617_140554-jpg.201705
I also fixed the dip on the bumper from the trans fluid mishap.
20180617_140642-jpg.201704
I also figured out a good way to mount the bowtie center caps.
screenshot_20180617-151339_gallery-jpg.201706
Now I gotta figure out why when my ac is on high, it vibrates. I feel it through the gas pedal and steering wheel.

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 03 started to do that, then the belt broke. and the pulley on the tensioner was worn, new belt and pulley, a few days later the belt broke again, new belt,,,,,,this is getting old now, this time it lasted a few hrs and the tensioner broke. clutch locked up or the compressor did.

lucky for me my ex worked for a shop that did ac work, so it got fixed for free even. im like what i owe you guys? owners like dont worry about it, its taken care of. bonus!!!!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
my 03 started to do that, then the belt broke. and the pulley on the tensioner was worn, new belt and pulley, a few days later the belt broke again, new belt,,,,,,this is getting old now, this time it lasted a few hrs and the tensioner broke. clutch locked up or the compressor did.

lucky for me my ex worked for a shop that did ac work, so it got fixed for free even. im like what i owe you guys? owners like dont worry about it, its taken care of. bonus!!!!
I hope that's not gonna happen. I replaced the ac tensioner and belt--twice, about 2-3 yrs ago. I hate when there's no leading up to a problem, it just appears one day. I replaced the compressor a little over a year ago too.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you get to it? Glove box? Any other test to see if that's the issue? Thx for the headsup.
Up under the passenger side dash, take the black kick panel down and fan is there Tony.... you know, like the night you went outside to look for cabin filter... fan is right next to that... lol.. a few 7 mm head screws hold up kick panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts