Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you driving it during these scans or just holding the gas? being under load can change things, vs revving it.

the ltft are rich, might have a vac leak or the tune was set up to be rich.

the o2's look good as far as being very active, the test for them is go wot and bank 1 and 2 sensor 1 should lock in around 930's and stay there the whole time your wot.

misfires, well ya got a cam. why tuners delete the multiple misfire code from the tune. or the cel would be flashing all day long on most larger cams.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
are you driving it during these scans or just holding the gas? being under load can change things, vs revving it.

the o2's look good as far as being very active, the test for them is go wot and bank 1 and 2 sensor 1 should lock in around 930's and stay there the whole time your wot.

misfires, well ya got a cam. why tuners delete the multiple misfire code from the tune. or the cel would be flashing all day long on most larger cams.
Sorry I didn't clarify @Scottydoggs this is my work van. I was sitting still bring the revs up. This van has given me heartache from day 1!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

LTFTs are rich???

I thought positive numbers meant lean, which would indicate a possible vacuum leak.

My understanding is that the positive numbers mean that the ECU is calling for 9% more fuel (as an example). A negative reading would indicate that it was rich and the ECU was calling to reduce the fuel by -9% (as an example).

Maybe we are saying the same thing in a different way OR maybe I am mistaken. Not trying to confuse, just trying to verify my thinking is correct.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
LTFTs are rich???

I thought positive numbers meant lean, which would indicate a possible vacuum leak.

My understanding is that the positive numbers mean that the ECU is calling for 9% more fuel (as an example). A negative reading would indicate that it was rich and the ECU was calling to reduce the fuel by -9% (as an example).

Maybe we are saying the same thing in a different way OR maybe I am mistaken. Not trying to confuse, just trying to verify my thinking is correct.
Your saying the same thing. It appears to be adding fuel to compensate for unmetered air.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LTFTs are rich???

your right, i got it backwards. and lean would mean a vac leak. could also cause some misfires.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did drive it today, but I couldn't take it through its paces unfortunately. My gf was with me and she has some serious issues with her neck and spine--plates and screws--but hopefully I'll be able to soon.
New issues with her or old? You’ve been through a bit yourself lately so I hope you weren’t both laid up at the same time?