Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Found the right bolts for the center caps? Did you need to use the spacers?
I bought some bolts that were a little too long, so it's a combo of the stock bolts and spacers along with Home Depot bolts and lock washers. Mine def needed spacers, as I broke one bolt because it was a little too long. I bought a long hollow aluminum pole the same od as the factory spacers. I was gonna cut them to length with my dremel, but I'm friggin' beat so I'll also save that for another day.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought some bolts that were a little too long, so it's a combo of the stock bolts and spacers along with Home Depot bolts and lock washers. Mine def needed spacers, as I broke one bolt because it was a little too long. I bought a long hollow aluminum pole the same od as the factory spacers. I was gonna cut them to length with my dremel, but I'm friggin' beat so I'll also save that for another day.
Buy a cheap tube cutter. Way easier and they come out square on the ends. Just mark the length, run the cutter around it a few times and you’re good to go.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well, I think I got it fixed. I removed both abs sensors. Cleaned them thoroughly. Sanded both sides due to being a little rusty.20210407_134655.jpg 20210407_134544.jpg
You should've seen the nasty shit that my compressor blew outta there--NASTY!! Rusty, greasy sludgey shit.
Swapped sides with the sensors. Funny I was getting the code for the ds, but the ps sensor was nasty. Shit n sludge was stuck to the magnet. Ds had 3 thin later spacers or gaskets for the sensor going into the hub, ps had none, so I just took all the ds spacers out.20210407_131020.jpg 20210407_130939.jpg
Cleared the code and took it for a ride. No codes and the abs didn't kick in--done deal.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
There was a zerk fitting missing underneath so I figured while I was there. I still had an old zerk from an old part--didn't fit. Tried all of my new zerk fittings--nothing fit. So I had to drill and tap that ***** too. Blew it out with the compressor--rusty water was shooting out. Good thing I dud it. Filled the **** outta it with the grease gun. No pics.
Also I figured I might as well cut that aluminum pipe and make some spacers for the ppv caps--20210407_162028.jpg
I'm all set. Only burned up 2 cutting wheels on the dremel.
Just BB Autocal is left to do now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts