tire time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rede30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am going to finally man up and get some new rubber for my 01 Yuk. Getting tires for this car is much different from what I am used to. I am getting 265/70/16's. I pull a trailer (~4000) once and a while so I guess I need to think about load index? I am looking at Falkon ziex's and they have a load index of 111, thoughts on this? Any good tire deals around?

Last edited:

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally the terra grapplers dont have a long enough tread wear rating for me..also im not a big of BFG's. The All Terrains are a pretty horrible tire in my opinion..ever had good luck with them ut when you look at hows its designed why should it be. The Long trail is a decent tire and not very agressive. I will be replacing my Nexen's, which were on the truck when i got it a couple weeks ago, with Toyo Open Country's. Tread Depot has a great price on them...Treadepot.com

mapierce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers. i like them alot real good in snow, mud, etc. There the LT265/70/17 not the p265/70/17. They ride a little rougher then the stock tires did but hell its worth the look difference.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I'm going with the General Grabber AT2's...aggresive like the Terra Grapplers, longer tread-life, good warranty, cheaper, and gets good reviews.

And I can find them in town, unlike the Grapplers....lol.

mapierce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Damn! Those general grapplers are nice! looks like a mixe between BFG's all terrain and Terra Grapplers. Wish i would of known about those before i got my terra graps.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after looking at the General AT2 i really like them. but, i want a 265/75/16. they are 57lbs a piece!! 265/70/16 is only 44 lbs but i lose an inch in height.

the 75s are so heavy because they are load range E. didnt find them any lower than that. is load range E just way too much for these trucks? probably ride like shit i bet.