Suburban tire suggestion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevOLTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’ve been grateful for this forum and I know it’s like beating a dead horse at this point but looking for people who have done this. I have black rhino 18x9 wheels I plan on putting on my suburban with a 2 inch eibach/bilstein suspension level. I want to put the biggest tire possible on with minimum trimming? 295/70? 33x12.5??

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’ve been grateful for this forum and I know it’s like beating a dead horse at this point but looking for people who have done this. I have black rhino 18x9 wheels I plan on putting on my suburban with a 2 inch eibach/bilstein suspension level. I want to put the biggest tire possible on with minimum trimming? 295/70? 33x12.5??
33s will probably be your best bet you will have to trim with 35s and still might rub after trimming with just a 2” leveling kit
Might could make it work stretching it to 3-3.5” of lift with a bottom spacer on the strut but at that point you’ll need control arms and differential drops also

OP
OP
K

KevOLTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
33s will probably be your best bet you will have to trim with 35s and still might rub after trimming with just a 2” leveling kit
Might could make it work stretching it to 3-3.5” of lift with a bottom spacer on the strut but at that point you’ll need control arms and differential drops also
Yeah I think 35s are out of the question honestly from the research I’ve been doing. I think they would look sick but not be practical without an actual lift. I don’t mind trimming plastic if 33s will work

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
33" tires should work fine. I had some 33" K02s on my Yukon with no front lift/leveling kit when I first got it. But they were on 20" Black Rhino wheels, so the offset probable changed. My winter wheels also have 33" tires, but are also not GM wheels, and fit fine with no rubbing.

I did have to trim my Husky mudflaps on the inner corners, but that was easy.

OP
OP
K

KevOLTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
33" tires should work fine. I had some 33" K02s on my Yukon with no front lift/leveling kit when I first got it. But they were on 20" Black Rhino wheels, so the offset probable changed. My winter wheels also have 33" tires, but are also not GM wheels, and fit fine with no rubbing.

I did have to trim my Husky mudflaps on the inner corners, but that was easy.
You wouldn’t happen to have any pictures of that set up would you?

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much research I’m thinking of 33x12.5 18. The majority of everyone including yourself say they will fit? I’m only worried about rubbing control arm or sway bar because they are 18s?

I have 18" winter wheels with the 33" snow tires tires, and they don't rub anything. The caveat is that they are Nissan Armada/Titan wheels (great cheap alternative with identical hub bore & bolt pattern) which may have a slight difference in offset than GM wheels, but it certainly doesn't look like much at all.

Here is the info:
  • Platinum Plus Part
  • ALUMINUM WHEEL; 18 x 8; 25MM OFFSET; 6 SPOKE;
  • Product Attributes:
    • Bolt Pattern: 6lugwitha5.5boltcirclediameter
    • CA P65 Warnings: Warning: This Product Can Expose You To Chemicals Including Chromium (hexavalent Compounds) Which Is Known By The State Of California To Cause Cancer Or Birth Defects Or Other Reproductive Harm. For More Information, Visit Www.p65warnings,ca,gov.
    • CA Prop65: Y
    • Design: Spoke
    • Diameter: 18.000
    • Positive Offset: 25.000
    • Spoke Quantity: 6
    • Width: 8.000
    • Brand: LKQ

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
After much research I’m thinking of 33x12.5 18. The majority of everyone including yourself say they will fit? I’m only worried about rubbing control arm or sway bar because they are 18s?
It’s usually when your running bigger aftermarket control arms when you run into the rubbing issue atleast in my experience

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts