Tire Reviews Thread for 22'' Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Michelin Premiers did well in snow. My burbs are RWD and never had an issue, not even when we went to the ski resort. I’ve never driven the OEM tire in snow.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... I’ve never driven the OEM tire in snow.

We have driven two sets of the original Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's through several winters. They work plenty well enough, although there is certainly better stuff out there. The Bridgestone Dueler AT RH-S's are considerably better. By the end of this last winter my wife had 40K miles on her original tires and they were spent for sure. And getting quite sketchy on snow covered roads.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I don’t have a 15+ but I would like to say that I am very pleased with the Nitto 420s. Great looking tire, excellent wear, awesome siping on rainy days. I even tried they out in the snow and I got around without any major problems. These tires are not unidirectional so you can cross rotors.

A2EF4F8C-7969-4244-9DAB-86BAD95E8D82.jpeg

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^I parked next to a 2015.5 Escalade ESV yesterday and it had these tires on it, it caught my eye as I was getting my daughter out. These tires do look good! I would consider them.

Do they exhibit any bumpiness more so than the old tires? How are their road noise levels? Do they have that rumbling feel (like a mild vibration?) or are they smooth?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
^^I parked next to a 2015.5 Escalade ESV yesterday and it had these tires on it, it caught my eye as I was getting my daughter out. These tires do look good! I would consider them.

Do they exhibit any bumpiness more so than the old tires? How are their road noise levels? Do they have that rumbling feel (like a mild vibration?) or are they smooth?

They are very quiet. Smooth and never had any balancing issue or vibration that a balance couldn’t take care of. I came from 20 Alenza tires and I didn’t like them. They felt if I pushed too hard, they slide through the turn and I could hear them screeching. Defiantly gonna go with them again but in a 305 size instead of a 285

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the leveling kit. I actually thought of lowering the back of my Sub because I don't like the rake. What leveling kit did you use?

Oh, and nice color and wheel choice ;)

View attachment 197366

Lowering the rear is awesome. Just a word of caution though, I lowered mine in the past and achieved exact same ride height front, rear, the only thing I did not think about is that on our longwheel base model the rear part of the truck after the second row ended up being droopy, too low.
things would roll off the rear cargo and even thought it was not anymore lowered than the front, the rear Looked lowered due to the long rear wheel base design.
We will soon lift the front slightly to about 1.5" using billstein 5100 so to leave the rear just a bit higher with what I did in the past in mind.

just my 2 cents.

tmarzetta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So far, I’m loving the 33x12.5R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They provide a smooth, quiet ride, but a little firmer (which I prefer) than the OEM Continentals that made my car bounce up and down like I had bad shocks going over imperfections in the road. So overall, really happy with them and hope they last a lot longer than the Contientals which were done after 28,000 miles.

426A0E1F-0677-4856-9F0F-C3770A521814.jpeg 77D7B895-3CC0-4423-85CE-A2F8CAFC2A58.jpeg

Bighurk

Reaction score
So far, I’m loving the 33x12.5R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They provide a smooth, quiet ride, but a little firmer (which I prefer) than the OEM Continentals that made my car bounce up and down like I had bad shocks going over imperfections in the road. So overall, really happy with them and hope they last a lot longer than the Contientals which were done after 28,000 miles.

View attachment 198184 View attachment 198185

Hello tnarzetta, did you get leveled in the front? Any rubbing and what is the offset on your wheels?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmarzetta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello tnarzetta, did you get leveled in the front? Any rubbing and what is the offset on your wheels?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!

Sure. So no rubbing, and yes, I got a Rough Country 2 inch level on the front which makes the backend about 1/2 inch higher still. The offset is +30 and the American Racing AR916 rims are 22x9. You may be able to get away with a +15 with the Nitto Ridge Grappler, but what the folks at Big Tex Off-Road advise was something that was between +18 to +30. +45 May rub on the suspension, and anything below +15 I firmly think will rub the whee well on turn.

Bighurk

Reaction score
Sure. So no rubbing, and yes, I got a Rough Country 2 inch level on the front which makes the backend about 1/2 inch higher still. The offset is +30 and the American Racing AR916 rims are 22x9. You may be able to get away with a +15 with the Nitto Ridge Grappler, but what the folks at Big Tex Off-Road advise was something that was between +18 to +30. +45 May rub on the suspension, and anything below +15 I firmly think will rub the whee well on turn.
Excellent, thanks for you quick response!

It looks really nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt