Tire Reviews Thread for 22'' Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Let's create a reference Thread for all of us looking for info/options regarding tires for our 22" wheels.
Why not post:
Picture of your ride depicting the tires
The specs of the tire
The specs of your truck and if any lift/lowering done.
A nice little review

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Let's create a reference Thread for all of us looking for info/options regarding tires for our 22" wheels.
Why not post:
Picture of your ride depicting the tires
The specs of the tire
The specs of your truck and if any lift/lowering done.
A nice little review

2016 Tahoe LT
Goodyear 285 45 R22 Fortera
Rides smooth and works well on snow/wet roads.

543C1CE9-E9F9-4475-932A-BDDDF3D55093.jpeg 3C460320-9893-4CC0-8E07-F2EBBDEAAA20.jpeg

Last edited:

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^Goodyear Forteras are what grand Cherokees use to come with on 20”s up until 2016. They are the most hated tire I have ever seen on a forum lol

I had Michelin Premiers on my Premier burb for about 38k miles. They were great tires! No pics of it haha but I’m sure I’ll slap them on this new one soon.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 escalade esv with the Bridgestone Alenza in 285/45/22.
They are quiet for me, mine balanced well, smoothish on the highway (kinda hard not to notice bumps when you ride on 22’s) and they wear well. I haven’t broken them loose yet and I corner aggressively. I’m happy enough with them, that when it’s time to replace them. I’ll replace them with the same set

DBt2A81.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in keeping this thread going since I am looking to buy my third set of tires with 33k miles on my Denali.
The OE tires were garbage. They had no traction and I could easily spin them just trying to pull out into traffic. On the boat launch, they were just plain illegal.
I then went with my favorite brand- Michelin and the Premier LTX. Much better ride, traction, and eliminated the shuddering many experience. Well that and eliminating the AFM.
Problem with the LTX is treadlife- horrible. They have less than 20k miles on them and I may squeak through another inspection, if I am lucky.
I too am looking for a new recommendation and am actually thinking about going with something a little more aggressive since I tow on and off road.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in keeping this thread going since I am looking to buy my third set of tires with 33k miles on my Denali.
The OE tires were garbage. They had no traction and I could easily spin them just trying to pull out into traffic. On the boat launch, they were just plain illegal.
I then went with my favorite brand- Michelin and the Premier LTX. Much better ride, traction, and eliminated the shuddering many experience. Well that and eliminating the AFM.
Problem with the LTX is treadlife- horrible. They have less than 20k miles on them and I may squeak through another inspection, if I am lucky.
I too am looking for a new recommendation and am actually thinking about going with something a little more aggressive since I tow on and off road.

Have been down the same road...factory tires then Premier LTX which only lasted around 22k, and currently Michelin Defender LTX. Currently have around 12k miles on them and they still look brand new. IMO, definitely the tire to go with (on these trucks) especially if dealing with vibrations and buffeting.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos