Tire Reviews Thread for 22'' Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After much thought and consideration I will be replacing the factory Bridgestones on my 17 Tahoe at 29k miles. Not happy with the way the wore and a long road trip coming up. Replacing them with Defenders next week.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After much thought and consideration I will be replacing the factory Bridgestones on my 17 Tahoe at 29k miles. Not happy with the way the wore and a long road trip coming up. Replacing them with Defenders next week.

Good choice, I did the same thing. Defenders are the best.

Reaction score
I've run the Defenders in the snow this season. I don't know how to measure it, but they are better traction than the stock tire for sure. Of course, the stock tires were near bald when I replaced them mid-winter, so not a very fair comparison, but with the life of the stock tire being around 30K miles, I wouldn't have even considered buying those again. Hoping I get much better than that out of my Defenders.
Update: My Defender LTX M/S tires now have about 36K on them and at my last rotation they measured 3/32 or 4/32 depending on the tire. As noted previously, I was sick of wearing out the factory Duelers in 30K miles... this doesn't seem like much of an improvement. My foot doesn't have any lightweight features so it's not like I was expecting the rated 70K, but man... this seems too soon to be that low. Anyone else noticing this kind of wear?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: My Defender LTX M/S tires now have about 36K on them and at my last rotation they measured 3/32 or 4/32 depending on the tire. As noted previously, I was sick of wearing out the factory Duelers in 30K miles... this doesn't seem like much of an improvement. My foot doesn't have any lightweight features so it's not like I was expecting the rated 70K, but man... this seems too soon to be that low. Anyone else noticing this kind of wear?

Not sure about Michelins, but my wifes Nitto Terra Grapplers have well over 50k miles on them now and are still holding in there very well IMO. She has driven all winter on them so far without a single issue.

312194B6-710B-4093-AFFD-0ED93FDCCEA5.jpeg

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about Michelins, but my wifes Nitto Terra Grapplers have well over 50k miles on them now and are still holding in there very well IMO. She has driven all winter on them so far without a single issue.

View attachment 242176

How’s the road noise on those? Any feedback on their performance in the rain or snow?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How’s the road noise on those? Any feedback on their performance in the rain or snow?

Not quite as silent as the stock tires were, but very quiet overall IMO. Hell, the front tires are starting to cup quite a bit because I have not got an alignment yet after putting in the fox coilovers, and they are still hardly even audible.

We live in northern MI, so we get all the seasons. Snow, ice, sleet, rain, bare/dry roads...they have handled everything superbly. I dont take her MOM BUS out two tracking much so no review for dirt/mud, although Im sure they would work just fine. We went into this winter with almost 50k miles on the tires, and I figured I would have to put a new set on to get through the winter safely...still running them with no issues!

I definitely highly recommend them. They have been a great tire.