Tire pressure monitor error and fob not working at the same time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldskier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2012 yukon xl slt, none of my tire pressures are reading on the display. It says service tire pressure monitor system. And at the same time my key fobs don’t work to lock and unlock the doors. I looked at my fuses and all that have to do with the locks look fine. Are these two problems tied together somehow. They both quit working right at the same time so I thought they might share a fuse or something. I don’t see any fuse labeled related to the tire pressure monitor, thanks.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read here the tire monitoring module in the key fob for the same one, which makes sense cause both use radio frequency.

you'd need a scanner that can access that module, or find it and test for power

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that fuse should be in the box at the left end of the dash. could check that.

Attachments

• PXL_20230710_232208788.jpg
    PXL_20230710_232208788.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
O

oldskier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check the 10 amp fuses I assume. What number fuse is that related to?

OP
OP
O

oldskier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked at the dsm fuse and it looked good but I changed it anyway. Still have the same problem. Is there a receiving module or controller that gets the signal from the tires and fob that might be bad that I could replace without to much hassle.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's the module in that pic.. you might search RCDLR and see what you find. I would guess it would be have to be flashed when replaced.

I don't know much about it. I don't even know where it's at. if you find it, you might check the connections and for power at it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was the last time that you changed the battery in your key fob?

OP
OP
O

oldskier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When was the last time that you changed the battery in your key fob?
Have 2 fobs and both don’t work and the tire pressure monitor is malfunctioning at the same time, I’m pretty sure it has to do with the dsm from what I’ve seen so far.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Have 2 fobs and both don’t work and the tire pressure monitor is malfunctioning at the same time, I’m pretty sure it has to do with the dsm from what I’ve seen so far.
Remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) module is used for the remote fobs as well as the TPMS sensors. It is located in the drivers rear quarter panel behind the rear wheel well.

I would suggest having someone with a Tech 2 or equivalent type scanner check the module.

OP
OP
O

oldskier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) module is used for the remote fobs as well as the TPMS sensors. It is located in the drivers rear quarter panel behind the rear wheel well.

I would suggest having someone with a Tech 2 or equivalent type scanner check the module.
So is it accessed from under the vehicle or is it accessed from taking off some of the interior molding. Also is there a way to try and reset this module? Can I do what I have seen on YouTube where I disconnect the battery and short the neg and pos cables together for 10 min. Would that do any good or does that mess stuff up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879