Thoughts on upgrading my 20" rims to 22" What tires do you like/dis-like?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
I've been thinking about lowering/droping my 01' Tahoe to fill some more of the wheel wells. Also a larger wheel which means new tires. I'll keep the 20" wheels on hand, but want a different look option as well. I hear that OHTSU are pretty good tires made by Falken.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
22's are ok you will feel the road a little more, your truck probably came original with 17" or 18" currently running 20's your speedo is off by 3-4 mph, going to 22's it will be off by about 5mph just a heads up if you get the pd behind you, a 305/40 will give you a little sidewall so your don't scrub the wheels, anything thinner then be careful parking by any sidewalks. I have been running these no name brand cheap tires, I am actually pretty impressed with there durability vercelli strada iv, they are a v rated tire mud+snow (street tire) I've had them on for probably 2yrs and they have barely broke a sweat. they get good reviews everywhere.
https://www.amazon.com/Vercelli-Strada-High-Performance-Tire/dp/B01HTW54PW

tire22.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Depends on where you live and the roads. I have 22s in Alaska and the roads aren’t super bad so they ride good. I have 20s for winter and I can feel a small difference in ride but not huge.

OP
OP
lowpost99

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
Yeah sho u right....I'm in ATL so mostly just moderate 70 dry 30 rain. I'm thinking about lowering the truck from stock, but not read up on the all details just yet. My fenders are stock, no flares.

OP
OP
lowpost99

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
Also what is the quality of snowflake replicas? Are replicas just cheap knockoffs or just a generic brand of the same wheels? How can I compare the builder's of the specific wheel? Are there any to stay away from?

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new set of 22 inch Snowflakes and a brand new set of 22 inch CK-375's sitting in boxes waiting for spring to get here. I got them from OE Wheels and I think the quality is excellent. The Chevy dealership I work buys all their replica wheels from them.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22's are ok you will feel the road a little more, your truck probably came original with 17" or 18" currently running 20's your speedo is off by 3-4 mph, going to 22's it will be off by about 5mph just a heads up if you get the pd behind you, a 305/40 will give you a little sidewall so your don't scrub the wheels, anything thinner then be careful parking by any sidewalks. I have been running these no name brand cheap tires, I am actually pretty impressed with there durability vercelli strada iv, they are a v rated tire mud+snow (street tire) I've had them on for probably 2yrs and they have barely broke a sweat. they get good reviews everywhere.
https://www.amazon.com/Vercelli-Strada-High-Performance-Tire/dp/B01HTW54PW

View attachment 240614
The wheel size has zero effect on the speedometer. TIRE size however will effect the speedo.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running hankook ventus st's on my oem esky platinum 20's in the factory size. Like those a lot more than the old Bridgestone dueler at tires.

275/55r20 iirc.

305/40r22 would be a good tire size very close to stock diameter and have a nice width. Almost Double the price for the tires I'm running...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwallace81