22” daily drivers and 20” snow; what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for help on navigating the best tools for the assets I currently have. Here’s the rundown...I have an ‘18 Denali with 22” wheels. Previous vehicle was a suburban and we had a set of 20” take-offs we purchased and had snow tires mounted. I would like to use that set of snow tires on my Denali. I know the speedometer would need to be calibrated as we as the TPMS synced with the Yukon as well. What tool(s) would I need to be able to switch between the 22” wheels and the 20” wheels and make these adjustments to the vehicle’s computer? As always, thank you for your help!!!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
$20 tool off amazon and what size tires on each set if rims. Regardless speedo will maybe be off by a few mph

Something like this

559D04C9-BBEB-40C3-87F6-CC765264299E.png

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel/rim size has nothing to do with overall tire size. If the tire size is close to the same you wouldn't need to do anything except swap the TPMS or get another set you can sync up. Calibrating the spedo is probably not needed unless your overall tire size is significantly different. In which case rubbing would be my concern if the snow tires are significantly larger.

Edit: Unless the speedo is calibrated off the rim. If so, please let me know.

OP
OP

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
285-45-22 and 275-55-20
Both have a set of TPMS in them. Leaning towards just relearning the TPMS and not messing with the speedo.

OP
OP

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty darn close. So much so GM probably doesn’t have a separate Speedo calibration between the two.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own and have used the super EL 50 that was available on Amazon. It work perfectly. I swap out my 18" factory for my 24's in the winter, reprogram the truck with that tool, and leave the speedo. Waze on Android for auto is about as accurate as the speedo so I use that as a guide with the reading on the dash to set my cruise control or guage my speed. But mostly I just try and make sure I am the 2nd fastest car on the highway. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukon DRL