Thoughts? 20 x 9's for my Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! I just picked up a set of the same wheels for my denali! Spent $650 for all 4! $160 is a total steal! Even if they are not in good shape you can have them fixed and still be under what I spent! Lol. I'm super jealous right now!

OP
OP
BigDaddy13440

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got them out of my truck this morning, and they will definitely need to be refinished. Chrome is peeling on the inside, and is bubbling in-between the spokes and on the surface.

What finish should I go with? Basic flat black, satin black, gloss black, or maybe a satin gray/silver? My truck is the original dark blue, and I'm having 20% tint done on all the windows.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A think a gray or silver on these wheels would look bitchin! I personally dont care for blacked out wheels. Some vehicles can rock the look. For a look at this particular wheel check out @95escahoe , he has these wheels on the 2004 esky he picked up. On that particular ride I think they look good. But on the other hand blacked out wheels are always a pain in the rear detail wise. They are hard to get clean and hard to keep clean. I think a nice metallic grey, like maybe gun metal gray finish on this would look good and I think would tie in nicely with your blue paint color.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6cbf17c006c747dc7193999aadc30c00.jpg

Here they are in gloss black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BigDaddy13440

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might just rattlecan them after having them sandblasted. I picked up a few cans of Rustoleum Hammered Metal spraycans at about half price. If I remember correctly, it was about this color:

images.jpeg

And as far as tires.... I'm torn between these Pirelli Scorpion ATR's (which I had before, and liked)

scorps.JPG

and the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

stts.jpg

The Scorpions are 325/60/20's ($931 shipped for all four), while the STT's are 295/65/20's ($1100 shipped for all four). Both are 35.4" tall, but the Pirelli's are a little over an inch wider. Either will fit on the 9" wide rims.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigDaddy13440

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I saw them, but I'm going bigger, Have a Zone 3" body lift sitting in my back room, going on as soon as I have a chance. Will be able to clear 35's easily, with the 3+" from the Ford leveling keys and the Z71 springs and 2" spacers. That's why I'm looking at the Pirelli's and the Cooper's, just to be thaaaaat much bigger than most everyone around here. Won't quite be able to clear 37's, from everything I've read and/or talked to a couple install shops about. And I'm sure the 35+" tires will tax the drivetrain enough, the extra weight and diameter of the 37's would definitely require regearing.

The Cooper's are from DiscountTireDirect, and they are on E-bay. They are offering a $100 instant rebate on anything over $400, so I'd be buying two tires, to get the $100, then buy another two, to get another $100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA