Rennen Forged M-6 Monolicht 24" x 10" Wheels - Opportunity for Brand New Custom Finish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Set of (4) Forged 1-Piece Monoblock Rennen Monolicht M6 Concave Wheels; 24" x 10" +28mm Offset 6x139.7

- Wheels are Forged Aluminum and are very light weighing in at 36 lbs. per rim. (This is about 10 lbs. +/- less than typical OEM GM 22" rims)
- Include (4) Matching Forged Machined Center Caps
- Include (4) GM OEM 315 Mhz TPMS
- No bends.
- No curb rash.
- Currently the wheels are finished in PVD Black Chrome; However the PVD finish is failing on 2 of the 4 rims (see included pics).

Here is a link to the thread here on the forums when I first had them installed: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...ll-chrome-delete-lowered-wilwoods-24s.129130/

Forged wheel companies offer many custom finishes on the wheels that they cut and machine. Not all the finishes they offer are in-house. When I ordered the wheels straight from Rennen I wanted them in PVD Black Chrome. They did not do PVD finishes in house, but worked with some companies that offered it. Rennen had the wheels PVD Black Chromed at a company called Wheel Creations PVD. Therefore the PVD finish warranty and workmanship was through them with Rennen facilitating the process.

The finish on 2 of the 4 wheels began to fail. As luck would have it Wheel Creations PVD is no longer in business. Therefore any finish warranty they offered no longer exists either.

I only ended up riding on the wheels for barely a summer season before the finish began to fail and peel off 2 of the 4 wheels. At the same time I ended up having a rear MRC shock that failed also and "locked up". While driving on them I ran something over that should not have caused any wheel damage but because my shock was locked up all the impact was absorbed by the wheel and bent one of the wheels. The bent wheel has been fully straightened and repaired by a great wheel repair place local to me called Wheel Warehouse with Acu-Tru wheel repair system. This rim was repaired and they ended up painting the inside and outside of the wheel barrel matte black which you can see and identify in the pictures below.

My initial plan was to get all 4 wheels stripped down to bare metal and have them refinished and back to brand new.

Instead of having them stripped and refinished in some "insert color here" I thought maybe it would be better to offer them for sale as-is and the new buyer can choose to have them stripped and refinished in any color paint, powder, or machined finish they want and make them their own. Resulting in a brand new set of custom finished forged wheels!

Pricing can vary greatly to have the wheels stripped and refinished, mostly varying with whatever new finish or color the next owner would like to do. I have gotten quotes ranging from $700-$1200 +/- to strip and refinish the wheels.

Asking price is $2,500 OBO plus shipping.
Wheels are located in Fairborn, OH 45324.
Willing to drive and meet anyone within about an hour drive of where I'm located.

Feel free to DM me with any questions or offers.

Jz6yToP.jpg
MZU6CYq.jpg
OT5wrnt.jpg
GE0IZkr.jpg
CMGBYUq.jpg
ulgaGRW.jpg
g4d7ZgE.jpg
MtIOoKK.jpg
lXPX0kb.jpg
wQXzmTF.jpg
SgdJfv7.jpg
WN1SsQx.jpg
K8qpcR1.jpg
bNYYhQp.jpg
RK3xUDM.jpg
AW3lBPV.jpg
6Qo4OBv.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
CMoore711

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
300+ views and no comments, questions, or offers?

I know forged wheels are not common on our platform due to their price point, but there are a lot of performance advantages with forged wheels when going to larger diameter wheels.

They're lighter than OEM 22" wheels, yet stronger. Which means less rotating mass at each corner, less wear and tear on suspension and brake parts.

Is it the refinishing part and process that's more concerning than motivating? I thought that would be attract more buyers of offering them at a discounted price with the option to have them refinished any way they want to suit their vehicle color and set up.

Should I just refinish them myself and relist?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts