Thinking of trying a computer 10.4 inch install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
ok thats fine as long i can still use the deck to function everything then have the monitor to use the laptop, and also display video from my deck, the dvd, also yea I have a laptop but I want to leave it useable when i take it out, do I have to chop it up to use it, like take the screen off

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no you dont have to mod it at all.. but seriously.. you can score an ebay laptop with the parts you DONT need broke.. for super cheap.. screens broke but laptop works fine? PERFECT!!!!

OP
OP

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
well I would just do that but the thing is I have my Itunes on my laptop now with bout 5000 songs and i dont want to lose them all, I dont think I could transfer it to the other laptop or could I

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well I would just do that but the thing is I have my Itunes on my laptop now with bout 5000 songs and i dont want to lose them all, I dont think I could transfer it to the other laptop or could I

i have never bought a song off itunes... but i know.. if you own the music.. or its just an mp3 and the music is on your harddrive.. then just copy them to the new harddrive and dl a new itunes... the new itunes will just pick them up and put them where they belong when it installs.

OP
OP

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
well I never have either lol Well how would I copy it to the new hardrive

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a million ways... wireless network or dvd.. flash drive...

OP
OP

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
Ok well did you put your laptop on a permenat docking station, also how does your wifi work, does it only work when your parked, do you have to have a signal booster to get better wifi, well i know most laptops have wifi built in, also I guess I could just get on the net on the laptop in the car to get new music to my itunes, thats if i did go ahead and by a laptop for the car permenatly

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Is there away to make it power on and off with the car or could i some how use a switch to turn it on and off

Crazy Al

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to say that if you don't understand how to transfer your music collection. Installing this all in your car is going to be way over the top.

OP
OP

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
well I did some research now and understand it, I just never looked into it cause I never needed to

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

what kinda laptop did you use, what would be the best processor the fastest, also do you think it would be best to upgrade the sound card for better sound output, and also a upgraded video card? do you think I would need it thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
do you think i would even need my deck, Ive been looking at all this computer interface software like streetdeck and centrafuse that controls all your sources, I dont know if i would still need my deck, unless I need it for the remote wire and my preouts to my amps, and my cd/dvd player, I also thought it would be kewl to have a digital equalizer program on the pc to control all my sounds and also do a one voice program to have voice command and have a GPS software for navigation, And have all my itunes in the music control, man there Is a whole new world in car audio with a carputer? I never realized it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879