Thinking about some suspension and brake upgrades, come school me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikey SBF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to open up a discussion on some suspension components.

I have a need for new brakes and want to upgrade some of the suspension components at the same time .... might as well if everything is apart.

After some discussion with boostaholic on here and a few friends in real life about what I wanted out of it and came up with these ideas.

I currently have 22 inch rims with 305/45/22 tires on them and was considering a 2/4 drop with spindles up front and coils in the rear but not sure on what direction to go with the shocks. Im pretty sure on the spring tech or belltech spindles and belltech 4 inch rear coil drop.

I wanted to go with a big brake setup and was wondering if its worth it to go with the Baer or wilwood full kit or just upgraded rotors really. Ive seen the baer full kits to go for around 2500 and just checked on the 6 piston front wilwood kits seem to go for about the same amount.

I wanted to get some sway bars for the body roll as well. I was thinking hotchkis or ive seen the eibach setups out there as well.

Come school me people, id love whatever you can help me with.

Oh ya its a 2002 GMC Denali

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the drop goes IMHO go with Belltech or DJM spindels and Coils kit, you can either run drop shocks or Bilstien HD shocks with rear shock extenders thats what alot people are running on here. Brake upgrade goes both Baer and Wilwood are great choices but alot of money so on that note it really depends on how deep your pockets are, I got SSBC 14'' rotors caliper brackets and notice a good amount difference after putting them on with Hawk HPS pads. Swaybars same thing here both are really good but check the diameter between the to see which is bigger, the bigger the diameter the better, I'm running Hellwig's Front and Rear made a big difference! Hope this helps ya! I know others will chime in with some other opinions.

OP
OP
M

Mikey SBF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had someone i know mention they are a brembo dealer, does brembo make a brake kit?

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
i think for the money, wilwood is better. about $2000 for each axle. just did my wifes 08 yukon with wilwoods front and rear. stops on a dime with 26's and looks sweet too.

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had someone i know mention they are a brembo dealer, does brembo make a brake kit?

Yes brembo makes a front and rear kit for these trucks. My Yukon Denali is in the shop right now getting my brembos, eibach sway bars, and a built 4l80. I will post up the results this week. I am already running a McGaughys 2/3 drop and it handles quite well for a heavy SUV. I think the new sway bars are going to help a ton. I think with a drop kit and sway bars you would pick up 5-6mph in the slalom over a stock Denali.

I have a front brembo BBK I would sell for 1500 Shipped. All you would need is new rotors and pads everything else needed to install them is included. They are in perfect shape too.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
how much do you want to spend on suspension??

would 3/5 be to low for you??

OP
OP
M

Mikey SBF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so you were basically $4k into the whole setup? I was seeing comparable prices on brembos, seems like baer is a bit cheaper

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you were basically $4k into the whole setup? I was seeing comparable prices on brembos, seems like baer is a bit cheaper

New the kit retails from 3500-4000. I have the 4piston 14" 2-piece rotor kit. In relation to the other kits my view is you get what you pay for. Brembo is the best of the best when it comes to breaks. Theres a reason they come stock on ferrari, porsches, aston martins, maserati, etc.

OP
OP
M

Mikey SBF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how much do you want to spend on suspension??

would 3/5 be to low for you??

3/5 was what i was originally thinking but it just seems like for the money and adjustment 2/4 was the best.

I also want to maintain a little bit better ride than I think a 3/5 will allow.

Im pretty open on pricing, Ive seen a local 2/3 drop for 300 but i missed out on it .... damn craigslist.

I was thinking in the 600-800 range for a spindle drop on it but im not that familiar with it.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

New the kit retails from 3500-4000. I have the 4piston 14" 2-piece rotor kit. In relation to the other kits my view is you get what you pay for. Brembo is the best of the best when it comes to breaks. Theres a reason they come stock on ferrari, porsches, aston martins, maserati, etc.

and that was front and rear?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
pm me.

do you have the auto levelrs in rear??

2/4 belltech i got killer deals on or even 2/3 djm just need to know what options yours has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts