Lowered suspension still has a lean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never been wrecked but my father did hit a turkey once lol. When it was lifted 3” on the bilsteins and 1” spacer I never measured it but never noticed a difference either.

I have brand new performance sway bars front and rear. Maybe they aren’t tightened down evenly?

The bilsteins are a firmer ride but the belltechs aren’t bad.

I may try to add another new set of front sway bar links and see if that will make a difference.

Pictures would greatly helps us help you. Got some good eyes and experienced members here that could catch something you might be overlooking.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good sir!! Off the bat I already see the factory alignment plastic insert in the pass side adjustment plate. Were the upper and lower arm mounting bolts ever loosened so the bushings could adjust to thier new ride height position?

Also the angle of your sway bar is quite steep. Perhaps shorter links are in order?

OP
OP
C

Carp0331

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had an alignment done but I have never unbolted the control arms and revolted. I assumed this was done during that alignment but I could loosen the bolts and retighten with a jack under the lower control arms or have the alignment shop do it on the rack.

I’ll have to look at the sway bar links. It’s only 1-1.5” lower than stock minus the spindles and didn’t think it was that far unlevel. Could be the pic but I’ll double check.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had an alignment done but I have never unbolted the control arms and revolted. I assumed this was done during that alignment but I could loosen the bolts and retighten with a jack under the lower control arms or have the alignment shop do it on the rack.

I’ll have to look at the sway bar links. It’s only 1-1.5” lower than stock minus the spindles and didn’t think it was that far unlevel. Could be the pic but I’ll double check.

It could just be the pic or my eyes, but the driver side coil looks slightly more compressed than the passenger side. Like it's a weak coil.

As for the sway bar links, you just need shorter bolts and to cut that spacer tube accordingly. The bolts are usually 3/8"-16 (I think that's the thread pitch- double check first). Just get some that are 2-3" shorter than what you have. Grade 8.

OP
OP
C

Carp0331

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took 1.5” off the sway bar tube. Both coils are brand new 1” maxtrac drop springs.

If I cut the tube any more the sway bar will contact the lower control arm.

It looks like I’ll take another ring off the strut for a 1.5” strut drop on the passenger side. Maybe this will cause it to level out.

This will mean passenger front has a 4.5” drop and the driver has a 3” drop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper