Things I have NEVER used in my Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Remote vehicle start.I have to keep myself from using it to save fuel.

2. OnStar. I have it in my wife's 07 for safety reasons

3. Third row seats Use it now in my XL since I have 3kids and second row captains chairs

4. Heated seats feature. Laughed when the salesman sad it had them but being 6'8 and bending over working on cars it really helps my back. So I even use them when I'm sweating. Top of the seat only.

5. Cooled seats feature. Would be nice sometimes

6. Roof rack. Gone now. Used once during Mardi GRAS to carry ladder for kids.

7. E85 fuel. Hope I never have to

8. Memory Seat, Mirrors, and Pedals feature.Wife barely drives my truck.

Jmat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Remote vehicle start.

2. OnStar.

3. Third row seats, which are somewhere in the Lubbock County dump.

4. Heated seats feature.

5. Cooled seats feature.

6. Roof rack.

7. E85 fuel.

8. Memory Seat, Mirrors, and Pedals feature.

I'm thinking there are others, but it's about time for me to go to bed. I probably need to look at the owner's manual to see what else I had to pay for that was a waste of my money. :think:

So how did your third row seats end up in the county dump? Sounds like there's a story there somewhere.

zrxoa1

Reaction score
I love how the factory remote start works! Most, if not all, aftermarket starts make you set the ac or heat on don't they? I like the way the XL just does what needs to be done, hot or cold!

Mine doesn't have cooled seats, but has everything else. With a wife n four kids, everything gets used, LOL!

--------------------------------------------------
There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized transmission indicating a possible intelligent origin must be investigated. --Ash

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love how the factory remote start works! Most, if not all, aftermarket starts make you set the ac or heat on don't they? I like the way the XL just does what needs to be done, hot or cold!

I have to disagree with you on this. I'm going to replace my factory remote start on my 07 with a Viper system. At least where I live the temp isn't going to make a drastic change without me knowing about it so setting it before isn't a big deal. I won't leave my kids in the car with the 07 since the fan stops blowing high and it just does whatever to get it to 70 degrees inside. My 04 with a Viper system will stay on whatever it was before (usually full blast)

And my biggest reason is I can just take the keys out and the truck will stay running after I engage remote start. I hate that the GM system won't do that. Even the "advanced" remote won't add that feature.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I love the remote start because of that. When my Tahoe sits outside forever in 105* heat here it gets very, very hot in that black interior. I never, ever run around with the A/C on full blast, but when I use remote start and it goes on hurricane mode it can cool the interior significantly in just seconds, most of which is just pushing the super hot air out.

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

I won't leave my kids in the car with the 07 since the fan stops blowing high and it just does whatever to get it to 70 degrees inside.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. Why would your kids be left in the car when you would need to remote start it? If you're gonna leave them in there, why not just leave the car running?

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
So how did your third row seats end up in the county dump? Sounds like there's a story there somewhere.

since he doesnt use them he figured he would just trash em.

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Remote vehicle start.
2. OnStar.
3. Third row seats, which are somewhere in the Lubbock County dump.
4. Heated seats feature.
5. Cooled seats feature.
6. Roof rack.
7. E85 fuel.
8. Memory Seat, Mirrors, and Pedals feature.

I'm thinking there are others, but it's about time for me to go to bed. I probably need to look at the owner's manual to see what else I had to pay for that was a waste of my money. :think:

Add to that...trailer hitch and spare tire. :emotions122: The other day I was washing my Tahoe and was cleaning the tailgate area. I reached just below the glass and saw a black button. I didn't know what it was so I pushed it and the rear glass opened. LOL, I never knew that button was there. I always thought the rear glass opened with the remote only. :eek:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. Why would your kids be left in the car when you would need to remote start it? If you're gonna leave them in there, why not just leave the car running?

Just a scenario for you. - I pull up at some ones house and I have the kids in the car. I want to run something up to the door but I don't want to leave the keys in the car with the kids. With my Viper alarm in my 04 I take my foot off the brake and I hit the remote button twice. The doors unlock and I take the keys out. Nothing else changes. The radio stays on. The DVD player says on and the Ac stays on whatever it is on at that time. I walk away and I can arm and lock the doors with the truck still running.

On my 07 I can't even do that. I can take the keys out and restart it with the remote but the Ac does whatever it feels like to maintain 70 degrees and the radio doesn't even work. (I don't have one) but I'm sure the drop down DVD won't work either.

It does seem frivolous but I do use that feature a lot on my truck. It's easier than taking 3 kids out the car when Im less than 30 ft from the truck.

OP
OP
StevenFromTexas

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score

since he doesnt use them he figured he would just trash em.

trick28 has the correct answer. My house looks more like a motel room. If I don't use it, I don't keep it. Lots of empty drawers and closets around the house. :)

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add to that...trailer hitch and spare tire. :emotions122: The other day I was washing my Tahoe and was cleaning the tailgate area. I reached just below the glass and saw a black button. I didn't know what it was so I pushed it and the rear glass opened. LOL, I never knew that button was there. I always thought the rear glass opened with the remote only. :eek:

I had to use the spare twice already. Picked up an old worn wheel weight in the middle of no where then about 3 months later the right front tire blew out and my wife was only driving around 30 mph. She lost interest in Bridgestones real quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59