Thin gray line tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured out by looking at a Zurich scanner that it had a code for the throttle body and the throttle body position sensor. The live data showed the pedal was only registering 23% when I had it half way to the floor. So I went to rock auto and ordered a Dorman throttle body with built in tps sensor and had my step son install it and thus far I have no more cold start dying issues nor does it smell rich. I am thinking it's fixed but the real test will be letting it sit overnight and then go start it in the morning and see what happens. I'm happy right now though. We looked at the old throttle body that had 235k on it and the flapper was stuck open. So I think that is what was causing the issue. For future reference I used Dorman part #977-161.

I'll update this post again in the morning to let you guys know if it truly fixes my issue or not. If it does I'll proceed with my Flowmaster 10 series install.

Attachments

• 20230717_191520.jpg
    20230717_191520.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured out what two mechanics that supposedly had over 80 years combined experience in the automotive field couldn't figure out or were to damn lazy to figure out.

Last edited:

thingraylinetahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It went back to dying upon start up when cold after the new throttle body install. Numerous people couldn't figure out the issue. 4 nights ago at 930 pm central i went to start her up and she wouldn't knew the battery was toast. The next morning I took the battery to rural king and got an 800cca battery and turned the old one in as a core. I went too autozone and got new bolts for the terminals . I put the new battery in with the new bolts and the Tahoe fired up and has been running fine since no dying at all, no check engine light. If it still hasn't died again by Monday I'm going to call it fixed.

thingraylinetahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My heat and ac quit working altogether. My stepson the Mechanic determined it was the blower motor resistor. So I got another one. My stepson that is a mechanic he put it in and it didn't work. So he removed the fuse panel in the cab and probed around in there with the probe. Everything checked out there. He then went to the fuse box under the hood. He probed around and everything checked out there. He then went back inside the cab and checked the plug from the blower motor to the blower motor resistor. He determined that was the issue and then rewired the plug and I now have heat and ac on all 5 settings.

thingraylinetahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right now I've got a power steering leak. I've got all the seals and fluid to replace them. It's just a matter of my stepson finding time to do it between his busy job and the grandson activities.

I am thinking I may put dual Flowmaster 10 series on it but I haven't decided yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts