The Case for the Tech-2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a little help here. Just got in my Tech2 clone from China Car Diags. While exploring, I can see somethings. For other areas, I get this message.

10baa3c78f9c0a432254787c0e85d42c.jpg

One example is when I’m accessing the TCM. The initial attempt was without the CANdi module, but the Tech2 told me it was missing.

I’m sure (hoping) it’s operator error. Any help is appreciated. I did review a couple videos to familiarize myself with hooking it up. Let me know additional info needed to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need a little help here. Just got in my Tech2 clone from China Car Diags. While exploring, I can see somethings. For other areas, I get this message.

10baa3c78f9c0a432254787c0e85d42c.jpg

One example is when I’m accessing the TCM. The initial attempt was without the CANdi module, but the Tech2 told me it was missing.

I’m sure (hoping) it’s operator error. Any help is appreciated. I did review a couple videos to familiarize myself with hooking it up. Let me know additional info needed to help.

The connectors on the tech2 cables are known to be hard to push together so first thing is to shove them all together with all your might, see if the clips are snapping together, and try again. Also, if you’re trying to access something your vehicle doesn’t have or you’re in the wrong menu you can get that error.
Edit: the main cable that connects to the Tech2 also can be finicky, you need to turn those thumb screws in tight, wiggle the connector to seat it better, then tighten the screws again, possibly with pliers.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10-4 I’ll try that, thank you.

I’ve got a 2012 4WD LTZ Suburban and believe I’ve got the selections correct, but will double check that as well.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
10-4 I’ll try that, thank you.

I’ve got a 2012 4WD LTZ Suburban and believe I’ve got the selections correct, but will double check that as well.

Mine is flakey sometimes and I find it doesn’t see the Candi. I found the connections to it are finicky. Sometimes I have to power it down and restart a few times. Once it connects it is golden.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Can't really add anything that hasn't been said already. All good advice.

On my Burb it will give me that message if I try to connect to my radio because I have a Kenwood HU so it can't communicate with it.

On my buddy's GMT800 Burb I can't connect to several different modules and I'm not certain why. I just assumed there is an issue with those modules in his truck.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't really add anything that hasn't been said already. All good advice.

On my Burb it will give me that message if I try to connect to my radio because I have a Kenwood HU so it can't communicate with it.

On my buddy's GMT800 Burb I can't connect to several different modules and I'm not certain why. I just assumed there is an issue with those modules in his truck.
Or his truck doesn’t have those modules? I know the menus have every module available whether or not it’s in that truck. It shows things like park assist sensors or rear seat hvac controls on my Silverado even though it’s an LT and doesn’t have those. It just shows that same error message.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Or his truck doesn’t have those modules? I know the menus have every module available whether or not it’s in that truck. It shows things like park assist sensors or rear seat hvac controls on my Silverado even though it’s an LT and doesn’t have those. It just shows that same error message.

This is true but on his I can't communicate with the HVAC module as an example.

There are others as well but I can't remember which ones.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is true but on his I can't communicate with the HVAC module as an example.

There are others as well but I can't remember which ones.
If he has any aftermarket electronics try pulling the fuses for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal