Tech 2 Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish someone would make an application that would do the same thing.

For Jeeps, there is an app called jscan.
It's amazing!

It does pretty much everything i can do with a tech2, but from my cell and a wireless obd2 adapter.

Much clearer to deal with an than the tech2.
Free appndownload, and then $23 dollars to add a vehicle for the advanced features.

From what i read the creator made it in order to keep a turd of a jeep alive. :gr_grin::buffer:

it's amazing what smart people can do with cheap electronics these days and makes me sad we don't all have access to it.

got a buddy into vw's and they can literally access and tune anything in the car with open source stuff from phone apps. it's kinda wild. you want to adjust you abs, it's available. you want to flash for some anti theft tune option where only you know the clutch needs to be half way while the shifter is in neutral and the ac recirculation button is held? hold on, I'll have a guy write a patch for that and test it.

it's so disappointing what we have to deal with for domestic tuning or lack of. people treat the body control module like it's magic. it's nothing special, just like anything else. find what address is lives at, send it a request, map location in the os and make changes. makes me wish I had the brains to be software engineer.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's amazing what smart people can do with cheap electronics these days and makes me sad we don't all have access to it.

got a buddy into vw's and they can literally access and tune anything in the car with open source stuff from phone apps. it's kinda wild. you want to adjust you abs, it's available. you want to flash for some anti theft tune option where only you know the clutch needs to be half way while the shifter is in neutral and the ac recirculation button is held? hold on, I'll have a guy write a patch for that and test it.

it's so disappointing what we have to deal with for domestic tuning or lack of. people treat the body control module like it's magic. it's nothing special, just like anything else. find what address is lives at, send it a request, map location in the os and make changes. makes me wish I had the brains to be software engineer.
I was told it's all machine language, nothing special, but never found anyone in this country of 300+ million willing to tackle it. My father knows it but has other priorities and computer programming is not my forte.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Chinacardiags responded to a support request however they insist I send it in to them in China for repair. They won’t disclose the warranty status until I send it. I don’t think Im going to do that. I would pay shipping both ways and if its not repairable under warranty they have it and I can’t sell it for parts like the last one.

Reaction score
I thought about moving to an MDI or VCX Nano thing and a laptop since I have the Acadia now also. The Tech2 only works on our 2001 and 2012 and not the 2015. It'd be nice to have one tool (laptop/tablet) and be able to use it on all three, although don't think we're gonna have the 2001 much longer.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told it's all machine language, nothing special, but never found anyone in this country of 300+ million willing to tackle it. My father knows it but has other priorities and computer programming is not my forte.
Ben Taylor of BTdieselworks for the BCM, HPTuners for ECM/TCM..

Not everything is figured out, but I'm very grateful. Stock truck does a few things that really bother me..
Their products may seem expensive but, compared to all the other parts and work needed, and inflation, I feel it's a bargain!

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yep it's all basically the same type of stuff just different commands. when the feds forced obd2 standards, they only require it to be the ecm. didn't forward think back in the early 90s that cars would have 30 separate computers at some point.

oh well..

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I need to sell mine, along with the XP laptop that is dedicated to it for programming with TIS2000 on it. My son and I went halfsies on a nice Autel that does everything I need and more.

Guess I oughta post it/them in the For Sale section. If I don't sell the computer I'll pull the SSD and recycle the box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz