Tech 2 Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Program it. So I need a tech 2 and a subscription to tisweb?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you give a short explanation of the requirements/steps in the whole web site to laptop to tech2 to vehicle?
I haven;t used the tis2 software but I believe it needs to be installed on windows 7 32bit or xp and then the tech2 is plugged into the vehicle and a serial adapter is then used with a cable to the tech2 so the tech2 basically becomes a interface adapter to program the vehicle

manderson7015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So do the clones perform the throttle body reset procedure?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do i need any software for my '10 hoe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You want a Tech-2 with the Candi module and the 33.004 software. It will come with lots of adapters and power supplies most of which you won't use. The included software is good for viewing snapshots on the computer instead of the Tech-2, but only works up to Windows 7 and is really made for XP. Since it is before USB, it connects via serial port and this one works perfect: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000VYJRY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Most guys forgo the case but I like it. The shop manual, whether you buy the books, an online CD with pdfs or a subscription to AllDataDIY are made to work with the Tech-2.

Look for sellers with good reviews and or feedback and where ebay shows how many they have sold.

Asaf Fried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what i need in order to calibrate the liftgate limits ? will the clone work ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC