Tahoe OR Escalade and the yukon looks funny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen text search capability on some of the sites. I just tried it. But it doesn't work. Bummer.

No, not for auto trader or cars.com. I just try to whittle the selection down and then look.

I'm looking for a Yukon or Tahoe XFE for my wife. They were only made in 2009 as well. Not easy to find either though many thousands were made.

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
I too am in the same predicament. I am looking for a new vehicle by month's end and narrowed down to a Tahoe or Escalade due to the looks. I am leaning towards the escalade but have a few concerns/questions to ask about before I start looking.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I noticed both the thaoe and escalade are selling for about the same price

the tahoe has the 5.3l and the escalade has the 6.2l engine

while the escalade does have much more features then the tahoe (price per dollar /milage ratio)..

I remember when the 2007 tahoe first came out that I always wanted one. I liked the way it looked and I feel if I get something else I might not be happy with it.

the only downside I see with the yukon and esc is the lower gas mileage.

I feel it would hurt my wallet later on when i start driving more often(or more miles)

I have been having a real hard time finding one

the color I really want is the Dark Blue Metallic.
If I get any other color the seller would have to go lower on the price haha

Just went through this dilemma.

FWIW I went with the 6.2 awd Escalade in premium trim. The 2013 was the same price or less as a similar equipped (LTZ) Tahoe. Around town in the 30 redlighta I drive through a day I get 12-14. But on the road, interstate etc I can easily get over 18mpg. And truthfully the difference ends up being like a few hundred a year, maybe. The 6.2 I worth it in the engine department. Feels like a hot rod, and rides like a... well a Cadillac.

My ultimate goals was towing capacity, and while it seems like the SLT yuk and the LT Tahoes with the smaller engines had that package more frequently, the 6.2 still had a greater towing capacity.

I ended up buying mine from halfway across the country and paying a guy to bring it to me on a truck. I love it.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I didn't know this but a quick search seem to confirm that 2009 was the last year. Wonder why? I did notice that in 2010 the buttons for the moonroof now had raised plastic presumably to keep fingers on the correct button on bumpy roads.

Prefer black too. Thought it would be too hot in the summer down here but it's not.

The 6.2 in the Tahoe is tuned down from its Escalade and Yukon counterparts of the same year, although a new tune would easily change that.

There are only a limited amount of them because they started building them the year the economy crashed, and the GM plant they were made at in Texas went dark for the second half of the year. When they started back, they never put the 6.2 back into the Tahoe, until this past year with the RST.

IMHO after speaking to many auto dealers, auctioneers, traders, etc; looking for an 09 with a 6.2 is damn near impossible. I found 2 in my initial search, then learned that was also the first gen of the v4 mileage saver, which is much less reliable than ones made after 2012 ( I think)

If you want a 6.2, pony up a few grand and buy the Yukon or Escalade. You won’t regret it. If you want a Tahoe, find a good used 5.3, and get it tuned and cammed.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, not for auto trader or cars.com. I just try to whittle the selection down and then look.

I'm looking for a Yukon or Tahoe XFE for my wife. They were only made in 2009 as well. Not easy to find either though many thousands were made.
I had bought a XFE for $9300 but returned it it had 111k miles on it only needed an idler pully
No way was I going to spend 350$ on a bonded title and take a chance I could be out another $14,000 later on if a claim is made on the title. i would have to wait 3 years.

everything was great on it except for that. I think they were trying to pull a scam
aka: Bond title scam I should have walked away when they did not want to transfer it..at the AAA club.. luckily I was able to get my money back. but did not lose any money in the end

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are only a limited amount of them because they started building them the year the economy crashed, and the GM plant they were made at in Texas went dark for the second half of the year. When they started back, they never put the 6.2 back into the Tahoe, until this past year with the RST.

IMHO after speaking to many auto dealers, auctioneers, traders, etc; looking for an 09 with a 6.2 is damn near impossible. I found 2 in my initial search, then learned that was also the first gen of the v4 mileage saver, which is much less reliable than ones made after 2012 ( I think)

Mine (In Signature) was built on September 11, 2009. Thus far I have discovered one 6.2 Tahoe built after my truck. We come across them and post should someone be looking for them. A member on here had a really nice, low mileage example for sale last year, might still have it, don't remember. The L9H used in those Tahoes does not have AFM. That's the L94 introduced in 2010 through 2014.

I had bought a XFE ...No way was I going to spend 350$ on a bonded title

Never heard of that, glad you didn't get caught up in that!

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of that, glad you didn't get caught up in that!
I would have done it if they put the title BOND in their name..
that means they pay the bond and if it's cashed it's on them to pay it(14k) and I get to walk away with the SUV and title

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts