Tahoe OR Escalade and the yukon looks funny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TravisBurrell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed both the thaoe and escalade are selling for about the same price

I had worked for Enterprise Rent-a-car for a few years on the weekends and test drove many vehicles. When I first drove the Escalades with the 6.2 I was in love. I had to have an SUV with the 6.2L. I did not and do not today care about the price I pay for gas. (yeah it sucks I pay about $70 a week) but I wanted AWD because of the roads around here in Pittsburgh are crazy with the hills and such and we have had some really nasty winters in the past. I wanted a 6.2 with AWD so my options were get the Escalade or Yukon. I hate the front headlamp layout of these Yukons but I hated the grills / bling of the Escalade and wanted something simpler but still have that nice look. I chose the "NON-XL?" Yukon Denali.(weight reduction) lol.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, what? I thought the 6.2 only came in Escalade and Denali Yukon from 07-14??? And 2015 on had the 6.2 option for all. Or are you talking some sort of swap?

In 2009 only, the Tahoe LTZ could be optioned with a 6.2L. I wanted exactly what you're looking for, color and all. But in 8 months of looking, I never found one within 500 miles of me. I found a few 6.2L Tahoes. But they were usually white or silver. Also, since the 6.2L was a relatively unusual option for the Tahoe, I found it difficult to narrow my vehicle search to just them (they're ALL V8s, which is as far as search sites let you distinguish). Most car ads bury the engine specs in the comments. Many dealers don't even mention engine displacement. And there was always the possibility that the dealer made a mistake. So I ended up reading through many, many ads, searching for a 6.2L. Eventually I went another direction when my purchase timetable got moved up involuntarily.

Black was my second color choice. So I ended up getting a Yukon Denali in black. I don't need all the luxury features of the Denali. But the 6.2L was definitely the right choice for me. And, well, some of those perks turned out to be really nice; heated seats in particular. Agree the truck's "face" is probably the least attractive of the three. But it grows on you. If I ever get hit in the front, I'll swap to a Tahoe clip, lol.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I've been really looking terribly hard but I haven't found any place that lets you search by the VIN.

You cannot. Ons has to look at each ad. The field can be narrowed since the engine was only available in the 2009 Tahoe with the LTZ package and they were all 4WD AFAIK.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the reading I have done they were available in '08-'09 and KBB seems to back that up. I read that '08 was RWD and '09 was 4x4.

I even come across data showing the L9H was still used in some 2010 Denalis too. I thought the 2008s were Suburbans only? Seen one of those for sale last year.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I even come across data showing the L9H was still used in some 2010 Denalis too. I thought the 2008s were Suburbans only? Seen one of those for sale last year.

I don't know, since I didn't build them... lol

I just know that finding the 6.2l in anything other than the Esky/Nali is a difficult task.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent