Swap Tahoe and Yukon taillights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
For nd the Tahoe taillights more appealing than the Yukon and not interested in the Escalade swap. So can I put Tahoe taillights on my Yukon or not without rewiring my truck lol
I’m not sure but I do have a stock taillight I can mail you to test if you need one

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
usually the lower pig tail connection is the same for the chevy/gmc and any differences are in the final harness to the housing, so you "might" be able to just swap them out with the harness, not sure haven't tried it on the k2's. if you have a friend or neighbor with one you could compare them under the bumper where the harness clips together.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I’ll def Guinea pig it on your offer if nobody’s got an answer. Thanks maybe a picture of the plug can give an idea if it’s compatible
Yea man if so just shoot me a dm and we can get it set up they should be in the garage I’ll find them once I get home again. It’ll only be the driver taillight I busted the passenger side light.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe brake lights and turn signals are together, is that correct? The Yukon has separate turn signals and brake lights, which double as marker lights. On the Tahoe I believe the marker light does not act as brake light.

EDIT - was behind Suburban today. Each tail light has 2 incandescent bulbs, which double as brake-turn-tail. The LED "perimeter" light is only for a night time marker light when the headlights are on.

The Yukon has separate brake and turn functions. You'd have to search for an adapter harness or build one yourself to be able to do this properly and get the lights to work as they need to.

Also by the way - if you swap out the tail lights from Yukon to Tahoe/Suburban, you'll also need to swap the 3rd brake light. Chevrolet tail lights are all red including the third brake light. The Yukon lights have a clear outer lense and red inner lens for both the tail lights and 3rd brake light. I assume you'd want them all to match accordingly and properly.

2020-Chevrolet-Tahoe-Z71-Luxury-Package-1654612591.jpg
Used-2018-GMC-YUKON-DENALI-DENALI.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe brake lights and turn signals are together, is that correct? The Yukon has separate turn signals and brake lights, which double as marker lights. On the Tahoe I believe the marker light does not act as brake light.

EDIT - was behind Suburban today. Each tail light has 2 incandescent bulbs, which double as brake-turn-tail. The LED "perimeter" light is only for a night time marker light when the headlights are on.

The Yukon has separate brake and turn functions. You'd have to search for an adapter harness or build one yourself to be able to do this properly and get the lights to work as they need to.

Also by the way - if you swap out the tail lights from Yukon to Tahoe/Suburban, you'll also need to swap the 3rd brake light. Chevrolet tail lights are all red including the third brake light. The Yukon lights have a clear outer lense and red inner lens for both the tail lights and 3rd brake light. I assume you'd want them all to match accordingly and properly.

View attachment 413374
2020_gmc_yukon_rearview.jpg
That’s sucks because I’m definitely not trying to build anything. I hate the chrome infused Yukon taillights and have not been able to find an aftermarket one without it. It’s gonna bug me to death until I’m able to delete the chrome in the light somehow. Maybe I will have to open one up and modify from the inside.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like I mentioned already check the lower harness, where it splits to the brake light pigtail. they "may" be interchangeable, you can look under the rear bumber and it's right there just reach up and unclip it. I haven't looked at the k2's harness that close there may be 2 connectors one going from the main harness up into the housing area and a shorter one on the housing it's self.
a lot of the wiring harness are the same for chevy/gmc and they just change the ends and/or pinout depending on the trim level.

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like I mentioned already check the lower harness, where it splits to the brake light pigtail. they "may" be interchangeable, you can look under the rear bumber and it's right there just reach up and unclip it. I haven't looked at the k2's harness that close there may be 2 connectors one going from the main harness up into the housing area and a shorter one on the housing it's self.
a lot of the wiring harness are the same for chevy/gmc and they just change the ends and/or pinout depending on the trim level.
I’ll try that out this weekend when I get a chance to get under it if not sooner.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
I'm not a chrome guy either. Maybe just tint them?

That’s sucks because I’m definitely not trying to build anything. I hate the chrome infused Yukon taillights and have not been able to find an aftermarket one without it. It’s gonna bug me to death until I’m able to delete the chrome in the light somehow. Maybe I will have to open one up and modify from the inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork