Swap Tahoe and Yukon taillights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s sucks because I’m definitely not trying to build anything. I hate the chrome infused Yukon taillights and have not been able to find an aftermarket one without it. It’s gonna bug me to death until I’m able to delete the chrome in the light somehow. Maybe I will have to open one up and modify from the inside.
KISS: Keep it simple stupid. I wouldn't recommend opening up a $400+ light. Maybe a light coating of lens tinting spray would be your best bet if you can't live with it as-is.

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I’ll be opening up a tail light sooner than later. Swapping harness seems doable to swap the light based on my observation but forgot to take a pic. Got a foggy driver taillight and it’s been garaged and not wet for a week.
D8035019-5E21-4950-9BB6-7CC452B14F0E.jpeg

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I’ll be opening up a tail light sooner than later. Swapping harness seems doable to swap the light based on my observation but forgot to take a pic. Got a foggy driver taillight and it’s been garaged and not wet for a week.
View attachment 414605
I noticed that when I bought used almost 4 years ago - I had them both replaced immediately under warranty. Haven't noticed condensation in the headlights yet thankfully.

jets

Reaction score
I find the Tahoe taillights more appealing than the Yukon and not interested in the Escalade swap. So can I put Tahoe taillights on my Yukon or not without rewiring my truck lol
I have toyed with the idea too. I'd like to know if the Tahoe tails are swappable with the Yukon as well. Right now I have been looking for a car wrapping place that can add translucent red tint to the tails and 3rd brake but so far they all say black smoke tint which to me is not my style.

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have toyed with the idea too. I'd like to know if the Tahoe tails are swappable with the Yukon as well. Right now I have been looking for a car wrapping place that can add translucent red tint to the tails and 3rd brake but so far they all say black smoke tint which to me is not my style.
I like the red tint idea, lmk if you get it figured out. I have to look further into the harness idea to adjust for the difference in light types. I’ll try to get a picture and upload at the weeks end.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
red tint is very hard to find, I found some a few years ago worked for a while but then started peeling off, got mad took it all off and bought different lights

jets

Reaction score
I like the red tint idea, lmk if you get it figured out. I have to look further into the harness idea to adjust for the difference in light types. I’ll try to get a picture and upload at the weeks end.

Cool.

Well Lamin-X sells thicker red sheets and I thought I'd buy that and get a pro to do it. I know that the reverse lights will still shine through white, I had a 911 with euro spec tails all red and the backup light section was a little lighter red but white came through. I want the stock look but the red lens will be killer.

At one point I considered these Spec-D crappers but I just know they will condensate and somehow cheapen the look of the truck.

LT-YUK15RLED-TM__89125.1693349524.jpg

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool.

Well Lamin-X sells thicker red sheets and I thought I'd buy that and get a pro to do it. I know that the reverse lights will still shine through white, I had a 911 with euro spec tails all red and the backup light section was a little lighter red but white came through. I want the stock look but the red lens will be killer.

At one point I considered these Spec-D crappers but I just know they will condensate and somehow cheapen the look of the truck.

View attachment 414792
https://www.headlightrevolution.com/goretex-patches-A-GORETEX_2?quantity=1 someone posted these earlier and might be a way to fight the condensation. I just ordered a set and will try it out on my taillight. I like the look of this you posted.

jets

Reaction score
https://www.headlightrevolution.com/goretex-patches-A-GORETEX_2?quantity=1 someone posted these earlier and might be a way to fight the condensation. I just ordered a set and will try it out on my taillight. I like the look of this you posted.

Well the way to do it is when they’re brand new put them in the oven to warm up the glue. Not sure the temp or length of time but the HID retrofit guys or sites have the answer out there. Then carefully pry the lens off and clean the crap they seal it with off. Then reseal them with high quality butyl material to seal them up again. It’s the stuff OEMs use to seal headlights; the good stuff. After that should be okay. I just don’t have the time or energy for something like these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019