Tahoe OR Escalade and the yukon looks funny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed both the thaoe and escalade are selling for about the same price

the tahoe has the 5.3l and the escalade has the 6.2l engine

while the escalade does have much more features then the tahoe (price per dollar /milage ratio)..

I remember when the 2007 tahoe first came out that I always wanted one. I liked the way it looked and I feel if I get something else I might not be happy with it.

the only downside I see with the yukon and esc is the lower gas mileage.

I feel it would hurt my wallet later on when i start driving more often(or more miles)

I have been having a real hard time finding one

the color I really want is the Dark Blue Metallic.
If I get any other color the seller would have to go lower on the price haha

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what GMT900’s are selling for now get the best one with options you’ll use. Do you need adjustable pedals? Heated steering wheel? Look them up side by side.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6.2 gets better mileage than my 5.3, don't let fuel mileage scare you. My 5.3 is in a 05 Tahoe with 4 speed auto and 4:10 gears and barely gets 10mpg city and 16-17mpg highway. The 6.2 is in my 09 Tahoe with 6 speed auto and 3:42 gears and gets 11-12mpg city and 18-20mpg highway. I have driven both of them cross country and the 5.3 was getting 16mpg and at worst through Kansas at 15 mpg (heavy winds and 75mph speed limit). Just got back from cross country trip with the 6.2 and averaged 18.5mpg, the worst again was Kansas at 16.5mpg due to very high wind and 12 degree temps.
These are heavy SUV's, the fuel mileage between the 5.3 and 6.2 aren't that different, but the extra power is noticeable.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 92 blue Tahoes for sale on Cars.com right now, 2009-2014.

Yes, the Cadillacs are a great value but they are also more expensive when it comes to headlamps and some of their interior parts which are not the same as the Chevy and GMC trucks. Powertrain wise, they are identical and parts are plentiful.

My wife would love that Red 6.2 Tahoe Mike!

Reaction score
There are 92 blue Tahoes for sale on Cars.com right now, 2009-2014.

Yes, the Cadillacs are a great value but they are also more expensive when it comes to headlamps and some of their interior parts which are not the same as the Chevy and GMC trucks. Powertrain wise, they are identical and parts are plentiful.

My wife would love that Red 6.2 Tahoe Mike!

That red Tahoe does look nice, but I've grown to dislike the light interior (I have it in my '01).

BTW, do you know when they stopped putting middle row flip/fold buttons in the overhead console? My '11 and '12 don't have them up there, only on the sides near the seat belt openings (B pillar?)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That red Tahoe does look nice, but I've grown to dislike the light interior (I have it in my '01).

BTW, do you know when they stopped putting middle row flip/fold buttons in the overhead console? My '11 and '12 don't have them up there, only on the sides near the seat belt openings (B pillar?)

I didn't know this but a quick search seem to confirm that 2009 was the last year. Wonder why? I did notice that in 2010 the buttons for the moonroof now had raised plastic presumably to keep fingers on the correct button on bumpy roads.

Prefer black too. Thought it would be too hot in the summer down here but it's not.

TravisBurrell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 6.2 is in my 09 Tahoe with 6 speed auto and 3:42 gears and gets 11-12mpg city and 18-20mpg highway. .

Wait, what? I thought the 6.2 only came in Escalade and Denali Yukon from 07-14??? And 2015 on had the 6.2 option for all. Or are you talking some sort of swap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat