tahoe no oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I installed a new oil pump on my Yukon, I removed the front cover of the pump and packed it about 25% full of synthetic grease to seal the rotor/housing gaps. Worked perfectly. You can do this without pulling the pan - just need to remove the harmonic balancer and timing cover, and anything in the way of getting them off.

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right side of front of motor down near the oil pump is a plug you can pull out and pump some oil in there. I will try to find the link I found before on it

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right side of front of motor down near the oil pump is a plug you can pull out and pump some oil in there. I will try to find the link I found before on it
I saw a video on that but what do I do after I fill that with oil

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After I fill the oil pump with oil from the side port how should I proceed with continuing the prime and I am going to remove the oil pressure sensor and put an oil pressure test Guage on it after I do that and remove the Guage will I have to reprime the engine

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Melling website has a video on how to prime LS style engines..
worked perfectly for me last time I did a pump/ timing chain replace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattserritella