Tahoe HID retrofit w/ Depo headlight & Lexus RX-AFS/TSX-R projectors...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Why is there a shadow of light above the cutoff in the one pic? Where did you get your Depos from? If you got them off eBay, which seller?
Not sure which pic you are asking about but 1 pic has them aligned at 10 feet. Everything looked good until I drove around. The driver side headlight was aimed too low (the high line on the driver side & the low line on the passenger side weren't lined up...therefore a shadow on the cut-off. I realigned them @ 25 feet & fine tuned the adjustment @ 50 feet. No problems now...

Another pic I had taken after my alignment was correct & I was sitting on a steep driveway. There was light reflecting off the ground back onto the garage door above the cut-off line.

I got my Depo's off of Amazon...seller is Depo...

Cameron

Last edited:

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure which pic you are asking about but 1 pic has them aligned at 10 feet. Everything looked good until I drove around. The driver side headlight was aimed too low (the high line on the driver side & the low line on the passenger side weren't lined up...therefore a shadow on the cut-off. I realigned them @ 25 feet & fine tuned the adjustment @ 50 feet. No problems now...

Another pic I had taken after my alignment was correct & I was sitting on a steep driveway. There was light reflecting off the ground back onto the garage door above the cut-off line.

I got my Depo's off of Amazon...seller is Depo...

Cameron

Looks awesome man, makes sense now. I have the DDM 55w 5000k kit right now. I'm going to order Depos and see how the cutoff and output is. If I do decide to do a true retro fit would you be interested in doing it for me if I supplied the parts and obviously paid you?

That's if the output and cutoff on the stock Depo projectors is terrible which judging by pics is not.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Killer fab skills and great write-up!! You and denaliak are some creative suckas!!

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very nice write up and fab work. Very good skills. You know im keeping this thread saved for reference. From your before and after it looks 100x better w/ the tsx projectors.

OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome man, makes sense now. I have the DDM 55w 5000k kit right now. I'm going to order Depos and see how the cutoff and output is. If I do decide to do a true retro fit would you be interested in doing it for me if I supplied the parts and obviously paid you?

That's if the output and cutoff on the stock Depo projectors is terrible which judging by pics is not.
I would definitely do it. I'd have to figure a price but I'd do it.

I really do think the stock Depo projector would be good BUT you're just kinda stuck with aftermarket kits which are so-so in overall quality. Bulb construction especially...just my .02 worth. The Depo's are a very nice projector out of the box...

Cameron

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely do it. I'd have to figure a price but I'd do it.

I really do think the stock Depo projector would be good BUT you're just kinda stuck with aftermarket kits which are so-so in overall quality. Bulb construction especially...just my .02 worth. The Depo's are a very nice projector out of the box...

Cameron

I have APC headlights now and I am not happy with them output and cutoff wise. I'll post pics comparing the two.

How is the wiggle on your Depos? Were you able to fix that at all?

OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have almost no wiggle. I'm trying to locate where it's coming from so when I find my solution I'll post it up...

Cameron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC