Stunned!! Denali 6.2 spun a rod bearing at 25k..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

ALT1345

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I still have my 21 year old 2003 Lexus LS430 V8 with 155k miles and Zero repairs (normal maintenance of course). Engine knocks from gas were eliminated 20+ years ago when they started using Knock sensors (I use regular gas in my Lexus V8 never a difference in running).

Haha I love this, I also have an LS430, 2004. Same mileage, 155k. I've replaced a door lock actuator and a $114 thermostat that was running COLD (so the car never over heated, lol). Normal maintenance, of course too. That's it in 20 years.

Stunning how the car still drives and feels like the day it drove off the lot. The V8 in that will never quit. The sun will turn into a red giant and engulf the Earth before the 4.3 Toyota UZ V8 quits.

LS430 hands down one of the best cars ever made, certainly the best Lexus. I will NEVERRRRR get rid of it, EVER. Glad you like yours.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I love this, I also have an LS430, 2004. Same mileage, 155k. I've replaced a door lock actuator and a $114 thermostat that was running COLD (so the car never over heated, lol). Normal maintenance, of course too. That's it in 20 years.

Stunning how the car still drives and feels like the day it drove off the lot. The V8 in that will never quit. The sun will turn into a red giant and engulf the Earth before the 4.3 Toyota UZ V8 quits.

LS430 hands down one of the best cars ever made, certainly the best Lexus. I will NEVERRRRR get rid of it, EVER. Glad you like yours.
I just don't understand why you are in a GM product when you have had such good luck with other brand vehicles.:hmm:

OP
OP
A

ALT1345

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just don't understand why you are in a GM product when you have had such good luck with other brand vehicles.:hmm:

Well I’m free to post in forums for one thing, and in my life I’ve had or there’s been in my family….

-1987 Cadillac Seville 4100 (that engine blew too)

-1988 Oldsmobile Toronado (great car, 3800)

-1990 Cadillac Seville updated HT 4.5 (muccch better, it was fast)

-1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette (weird but sort of neat but would lay strips of rubber—3800)

-1997 Oldsmobile Bravada (tank, I absolutely destroyed everything I could throw at it and NEVER got stuck)

-2003 GMC Yukon (GMT800 5.3… ended up being a beater after about 7-8 years of ownership. Refused to break. Never changed one fluid except oil in 20 years, never changed brakes at all. 20 year old Deathcool coolant, never overheated and the A/C would freeze you in 5 seconds. Was still going strong, needs one hell of a tuneup and still there’s 100k plus left.)

-2015 Buick Enclave (air conditioning issue under warranty but otherwise solid vehicle)

And this $80,000 Denali where the engine blew.

I know my GM cars and have always been a fan so I think I can post here lol. This genuinely upsets me. We finally spring for the full 9 yards ridicu-truck and the engine blew.

Also, everyone knows Lexus blows everyone away in reliability, especially before automobiles were ruined by Uncle Sam. It’s just a fact.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I’m free to post in forums for one thing, and in my life I’ve had or there’s been in my family….

-1987 Cadillac Seville 4100 (that engine blew too)

-1988 Oldsmobile Toronado (great car, 3800)

-1990 Cadillac Seville updated HT 4.5 (muccch better, it was fast)

-1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette (weird but sort of neat but would lay strips of rubber—3800)

-1997 Oldsmobile Bravada (tank, I absolutely destroyed everything I could throw at it and NEVER got stuck)

-2003 GMC Yukon (GMT800 5.3… ended up being a beater after about 7-8 years of ownership. Refused to break. Never changed one fluid except oil in 20 years, never changed brakes at all. 20 year old Deathcool coolant, never overheated and the A/C would freeze you in 5 seconds. Was still going strong, needs one hell of a tuneup and still there’s 100k plus left.)

-2015 Buick Enclave (air conditioning issue under warranty but otherwise solid vehicle)

And this $80,000 Denali where the engine blew.

I know my GM cars and have always been a fan so I think I can post here lol. This genuinely upsets me. We finally spring for the full 9 yards ridicu-truck and the engine blew.

Also, everyone knows Lexus blows everyone away in reliability, especially before automobiles were ruined by Uncle Sam. It’s just a fact.
I didn't say why are you posting on this forum just that you have better luck with other products. I don't care where you post just the way you perceive the GM product when you had such good luck with other brands.
You purchase a used vehicle that you admitted to not being maintained by previous owner and GM repairs vehicle just don't see where you have grippe with GM.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say why are you posting on this forum just that you have better luck with other products. I don't care where you post just the way you perceive the GM product when you had such good luck with other brands.
You purchase a used vehicle that you admitted to not being maintained by previous owner and GM repairs vehicle just don't see where you have grippe with GM.
Used? not maintained? where did I miss this...
re-read, nope, not there

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All it says there is that he "thinks" the PO ran regular gas instead of premium. Where do you see anything about lack of maintenance?
Wrong fuel not maintained correctly.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 6.2 it say's 92 recomended, i.e. not required, don't think that would affect warranty. nor be construed as "not maintained well"
hell when you can get a better warranty buying a CPO than new, who's proving it was well maintaned?????
that's just a gamble that GM takes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMT 900 nut