Stock Location Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I see so the stock subwoofer cannot be seen through the screen it's higher than the hole in the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's like the 02"Denali's, it's inside an enclosure and the subwoofer itself can't be seen, the bass just comes out a hole in the enclosure. It's called a seventh order enclosure or something like that. Pull the rear driver side panel to see if it's there. The amp should also be back there.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bose Lux amp and enclosure in the rear of the 02 Escalades and Denali's is a completely different animal. The speaker is inside the enclosure and can't be seen unless you take it apart.
photo2-jpg.172798

All you see is the port where the sound exits.

IMG_4305.JPG IMG_4308.JPG IMG_4315.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to orient myself here... Which way does the speaker face?
The console subs face down; they're just a downward-firing sub. Then there's the rear sub box that has an 8" sub firing outward. Then they made the Bose Lux with the seventh order enclosure in the rear like mine was. 3 different setups to keep it confusing.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The console subs face down; they're just a downward-firing sub. Then there's the rear sub box that has an 8" sub firing outward. Then they made the Bose Lux with the seventh order enclosure in the rear like mine was. 3 different setups to keep it confusing.

I have no clue which mine has.... :insane:
Not a huge audio guy, but wouldn't mind a bit more punch if I could if by just changing the speaker. Is there more to it than that?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no clue which mine has.... :insane:
Not a huge audio guy, but wouldn't mind a bit more punch if I could if by just changing the speaker. Is there more to it than that?
You'll need more power to it also. Just changing the speaker won't do much. First you need to figure out what you have before you can plan an upgrade. For me, I had the LUX system which is pretty good except bass. I used an aftermarket head unit with a sub output and added a mono amp. Then I replaced the rear enclosure with an MTX Thunderform and a 10" JL sub. If you have the regular rear enclosure with 8" sub you can upgrade the sub and then add an amp. Same with the console enclosure.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Mines 06 Bose. Nothing in that rear spot. I have the false grille with no holes in it back there.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Ok I see so the stock subwoofer cannot be seen through the screen it's higher than the hole in the rear?

No , I mean all you see is a black plastic box. The sub is inside it.s-l400.jpg

Hard to explain. Did you remove the rear panel and look?
Is it just empty space? If so then idk maybe previous owner took it out. Or disconnected it because it was blown maybe.

*edit. Page didn't load replys. I see mark already posted it lol. But yea it's a weird ass speaker design.

LOWHOE775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks to you all I'll start to go through things so I can see why my sub does not work. Everything is stock so that's why I think maybe the sub is blown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum