Still looking for a Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a 2007 Yukon XL Denali for sale. It is fully loaded with high miles (200k). I wanted to get your guys opinion on it.

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/5432071722.html

I have been talking with the seller and he is extremely helpful and upfront.

Vehicle has perfect service history, as he sent me a copy of the maintenance records.

He also sent me a copy of the lookupVIN report, which is clean as well.

Only reason for selling is his company now requires vehicles to be 5 years old or newer, so he didn't have a choice. He replaced it with a 2015 Yukon XL Denali.

He has only towed a small trailer a few times, it has the towing package option, all wheel bearings have been replaced. Air shocks and pump were replaced 15,000 miles ago.

Truck is mint inside and out, seller stated he is a perfectionist. I believe he is the 2nd owner and he still has the original window sticker for the vehicle.

Vehicle has high miles as he drives a lot for work he stated, so most all of them are all highway miles.

He stated that not all of the service records are on it, as when traveling, he had to use other places at times.

Service Records attached as images:

https://picoolio.net/images/2016/02/21/servicerecord188007.png

https://picoolio.net/images/2016/02/21/servicerecord273773.png

I have him down to $12,000 right now. Sorry if sporadic or jumped around with information. I tried to include everything I was told about.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think thats a decent price , however how does it drive? I wouldn't buy or consider buying anything without driving it first.

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks clean, black on black interior looks really good, if it was me i would be counting the money right now lol

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think thats a decent price , however how does it drive? I wouldn't buy or consider buying anything without driving it first.

From what I asked of him. He said everything on the truck is perfect. It's been a great vehicle for him, only replacing because he needed too. He said his previous Yukon went 285,000 miles before he sold it, to get the one he is currently selling now.

He said the transmission still shifts smooth, with no grinding or clunking.

I would meet up with him and test drive the vehicle to make sure everything does check out. Just wanted to make sure with so many miles, if this was even a route to think of going, or if it was a good idea. It will be the main family car for us.

I might be able to possibly get him down lower on price.

13yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the struts.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
+1 on struts. And all front end - linkages could be a point of negotiation if they are worn out. If they haven't been replaced yet can assume they are

ABNLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does look very clean especially since it is a Wisconsin vehicle. I live about 80 miles from here and know the struggle of keeping a black truck clean here. I wouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger on this one, of course still try to negotiate the price lower if you can.

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on struts. And all front end - linkages could be a point of negotiation if they are worn out. If they haven't been replaced yet can assume they are

I tried to do some research on the linkages. Are you referring to the steering, tie rods, ball joins, etc.? Or is there a certain component to look at?

I'm assuming you test struts by going over bumps and checking ride quality, noise dive when braking, rear end dropping when accelerating?

Just trying to make sure I cover all my bases and I have the correct test for each component.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Looks great for the mileage. Just test drive it so that your decision will be much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to do some research on the linkages. Are you referring to the steering, tie rods, ball joins, etc.? Or is there a certain component to look at?

I'm assuming you test struts by going over bumps and checking ride quality, noise dive when braking, rear end dropping when accelerating?

Just trying to make sure I cover all my bases and I have the correct test for each component.
I'll usually get the Tires off the ground and figure out was has too much play Pitman arm. Idler arms tie rods ball joints anything with front end etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcraddick11