Still looking for a Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MURDEREDTBSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried to do some research on the linkages. Are you referring to the steering, tie rods, ball joins, etc.? Or is there a certain component to look at?

I'm assuming you test struts by going over bumps and checking ride quality, noise dive when braking, rear end dropping when accelerating?

Just trying to make sure I cover all my bases and I have the correct test for each component.
Try to find some speed bumps to go over . Should be smooth with no clunks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll usually get the Tires off the ground and figure out was has too much play Pitman arm. Idler arms tie rods ball joints anything with front end etc

It might look weird to the seller if I start jacking his car off the ground to check for that lol. Ill crawl underneath and check everything out as much as I can

Try to find some speed bumps to go over . Should be smooth with no clunks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That makes sense, thank you.

I'll crawl underneath and check for any signs of leaks, loose parts, etc.

Any other things to look out for? I tried reading the sticky thread, mostly discussion although some information was good.

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the price right now at 11k for it. I'm still trying to work on it. What do you all think is a decent price to pay? Seeing that it does have 200,000 on it already.

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/5463585837.html

I found this vehicle. Previous one sold before I could look at it. What do you think of that vehicle?

No accidents
2nd owner
Only issues he has is the power lift gate stops working from time to time, according to him.

His reason for selling is this

Long story. But we bought a jeep and I always wanted a truck. We had a deal come to us on a newer truck. With a teenage daughter going to be driving soon. We thought it would be a good time to upgrade the Yukon. So I don't potentially have to look for 2 vehicles in the next couple of years. My wife's not happy about it since it was her truck. But she's driving the jeep now. So she'll come around sooner or later.

Not sure if that's all honesty or not.

Seems like a nice truck.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would jump on it for that price. A NNBS with under 100K on it under 20K is rare. I like the color and the fact it has CK375's on it already. Looks nice...what's the holdup?

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would jump on it for that price. A NNBS with under 100K on it under 20K is rare. I like the color and the fact it has CK375's on it already. Looks nice...what's the holdup?

I just get super nervous as I've never purchased a GM before. My wife's brother has a GMC Acadia, older one and has had nothing but problems and issues with it.

This will be replacing the primary family car and hauling around my family. I need something that is safe and reliable for them.

I have been looking for awhile. These trucks are either super expensive with lower miles, or the affordable ones always have crazy high miles. If a good deal does come up, its usually one in a couple hours. These trucks must be highly sought after.

Plus I know that as soon as I get one, I'll want to start modding it ;)

I believe it also has the lockpick installed on it as well.

chartersj

Reaction score
The older Lambda style (Acadia/enclave/traverse) are known for multiple problems. I believe 2012+ models most of the problems where resolved, but i still dont trust the 3.6 engine as i believe some are still having timing chain issues. I think they are going to deprecate quicker than the full size suv's as well. I am also looking for a full size and they are very expensive here in Canada too. They are very sought after but i think they are also going to hold there value better than the smaller suv's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_hyde

Latest posts