Sound like a good deal to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I priced the SK sets for what I thought I would need/use. Over $7000 for just at home use I could not justify. I have settled on this set up.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-4...Voxx9Ch01lgKZEAQYASABEgJwEfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Mechanics-Tool-Set-1025-Piece-H1025MTS/304196132

The local Home depot is less than a mile from me. I also checked with the tool department manager and if I have any tools missing when the set arrives, he put it in writing that he would supply them. He also showed where they are a lifetime warranty. The biggest set at Craftsman is 903 pieces and is $2000, with the sale price and it includes, are you ready for this, a claw hammer.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I priced the SK sets for what I thought I would need/use. Over $7000 for just at home use I could not justify. I have settled on this set up.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-4...Voxx9Ch01lgKZEAQYASABEgJwEfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Mechanics-Tool-Set-1025-Piece-H1025MTS/304196132

The local Home depot is less than a mile from me. I also checked with the tool department manager and if I have any tools missing when the set arrives, he put it in writing that he would supply them. He also showed where they are a lifetime warranty. The biggest set at Craftsman is 903 pieces and is $2000, with the sale price and it includes, are you ready for this, a claw hammer.
Well, that should definitely get you started!

Husky isn’t a bad brand. I have some and they seem to be pretty good quality.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I did go look at the individual tools and the quality reminds me of the SK tools. I will find out during the use of them. The shape and bend of the combination wrenches look just like and feel like an SK. Plus, one of my tenants here works as a manager at Home Depot and I did talk to him today as well and he said if I need to buy other individual tools he can use his employee discount for me.

mainecrab

Reaction score
Looks like a damn good deal to me. I may have to look one up when I get my garage cleaned out enough to fit one. I desperately need more tool storage.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Well, that should definitely get you started!

Husky isn’t a bad brand. I have some and they seem to be pretty good quality.

I did go look at the individual tools and the quality reminds me of the SK tools. I will find out during the use of them. The shape and bend of the combination wrenches look just like and feel like an SK. Plus, one of my tenants here works as a manager at Home Depot and I did talk to him today as well and he said if I need to buy other individual tools he can use his employee discount for me.

I also have a few Husky items and have been well pleased. I posted a year ago when I bought these....

1545877196236956213054436518096.jpg

Amongst my PILES of Craftsman (old, made in USA), benchtop, SK, ACE (old, made in USA), Snap-On, and more, they are still my favorite yet.

pcwizard2600

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have quite a few Husky tools from our local Home Depot. Been very happy with them and reasonably priced compared to some brands.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The Indy tech who services all our vehicles uses Snap on tools and that Rep has his HUGE panel truck cruising by at least once a day. They actually break some of the tools working on the diesel & 1 ton+ stuff. For a crazy busy shop it’s a time and $ saver for techs and the Snappy guy.

If your not wrenching on everything made from US to foreign cars and/or towed air compressors, it’s best to get whatever suits the budget. The only spot I used to get into where a MAC open end wrench was needed was where their spanners design had such a narrow reach they fit in really tight confines.

Nowadays thin wall or narrow reach tools are simply an Amazon thing and the pricing is so inexpensive it justifies the one or two time use of purchasing lower or generic grade tools.

The only tools I kept from my 90’s apprenticeship days was all the oddball Schwaben specialty tools for *** cars. Internet and cell data instantly made so many things obsolete back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harbor Freight boxes are crap.....( cheap drawers/slides)
I was impressed with Husky, not bad at all & a great price.

It is a little better than Craftsman, at half cost....

I only needed a "home owner style set" ( Limited Edition silver metalflake )

Husky tool box.JPG

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
All I want for a box is a larger roll around with a work bench on top. They have one that is 46" wide and has a hardwood top that comes in different colors for just under $400. With the 1025 piece tool kit and the box it is no shipping and totals $1900.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I want for a box is a larger roll around with a work bench on top. They have one that is 46" wide and has a hardwood top that comes in different colors for just under $400. With the 1025 piece tool kit and the box it is no shipping and totals $1900.

If I had room, the Home Depot has a good one w/ wood as you describe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518