Sound like a good deal to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks identical to my red 40" craftsman except for different drawer placement. those wheels look like the wheels it came with too. only comment i feel comfortable making on the Yukon if you are in a situation that you need to roll it around regularly ditch the wheels for better wheels. loaded or unloaded and a single zip tie will jam the wheel up. i can say that for snap on tho. they generally come with better wheels.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks identical to my red 40" craftsman except for different drawer placement. those wheels look like the wheels it came with too. only comment i feel comfortable making on the Yukon if you are in a situation that you need to roll it around regularly ditch the wheels for better wheels. loaded or unloaded and a single zip tie will jam the wheel up. i can say that for snap on tho. they generally come with better wheels.
Yeah, that’s what I noticed as well. I have upgraded wheels on every rolling tool box I’ve had.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya my 40" table top was a game changer at work. it was a little low for me so the bigger wheels i bought gave it several inches plus i wanted a bit more. i used some scrap metal in the shop and made an extra 1 in spacer mount. the only thing i didn't like about the box was the height and im only 5 6 so its something to think about when your looking at the overall dimensions of a box.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I live where I work, self storage facility, and my Tahoe sits under a large vaulted ceiling car port where one side of the roof is attached to my living quarters and the other is attached to the back of one of my long storage buildings. There is a metal walk in door that walks in to my personal storage space that is the size of a 10x10 unit. At the back of that room there is a roll up door that does face to the facility drive like all the rest of the doors in that storage building. That is locked with a German made ABUS disc lock at all times. My plan is to put the box against the inside of that door and not roll it around. I have a BBQ in there, a large one, and to one side there is a floor to ceiling set of cabinets across the whole wall. I have other things in there. There is a small rise and fall at where the metal door opens and closes from my car port side. It would be a pain to try and roll out the tool cabinet each time to work on the Tahoe. It is literally approx 10 steps from where the box would be to where the Tahoe is parked. The owner of the facility has absolutely no problem of any type of work that I would do to the Tahoe.

Thanks for the info.

P.S. When I ran shops I had a large upper and lower Snap-On set loaded with tools. Those will go to my brother in KC, Mo. when I ass. They are in another storage unit all wrapped up with the cellophane type wrap that movers use and will stay that way till he comes and gets. It would be a pain to bring them closer to my Tahoe. That is why I am buying a cheaper box and cheaper tools to again work on my own stuff when I want to RELAX. I miss it. Plus, I can pick and choose tenant vehicles to work on for some extra cash. They see my ASE credentials all the time in my office and ask, "What the hell is that". I give out free advice on their vehicle problems all the time and ask if I can fix their vehicle. Some of it is soooo obvious what is going on and can be a very easy fix. I would only choose repairs that are easy on my 67 year old body.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im only 36 and i dont want to do the difficult stuff anymore at my age. keeps getting dropped on me regularly tho. and people still want to argue about what and how it should be fixed. im not a real garage i do this crap to help some people here and there. if you want to argue with me go to a real shop and pay full price is usually how i deal with it. had a few come back begging after they paid a diagnostic fee and got a quote from said shops tho. i try to keep my side work to simple exhaust repair brakes and oil changes anymore. got wrangled into doing struts a week ago tho..... refused to do it unles they bought the peassembled struts.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It will be a very picky situation where I say yes or no and can recommend a repair shop if I say no. Even when I ran shops I always did the diagnostics, actually my techs did but I did when I was still a tech, then I called the owner and said "come see what we found and why it is bad". Nowadays it is with pics and cell phones. Anyway, they either came in or trusted me, period. I never ever let a customer tell me how I was going to do something. They could either leave my shop of leave my driveway at home but it was always my way or the highway. If I am picky enough at home here I may only need a collection of screwdrivers and a collection of hammers. :chewie:

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i have my big stuff stashed in my tool closet at home so its not visible. biggest job ive done at my house was pulled out a blown 5.7 vortec and put in a running one. the only reason i even agreed was he was a veteran. i don't even answer the phone anymore for one guy. always runs his car until its not safe to even bring to my house anymore. still brings it over but its just pure neglect.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I relied on tools to make a living, I'd buy the best that I could, regardless of the brand. Same thing with critical car parts- I rely on them to keep me, my passengers and those around me on the highway on the road and safe, so I don't shop for the lowest cost part. For my use of tools, I'm generally fine with half-assed decent quality and will step it up for the tools that matter.

Even if I relied on my tools themselves to make a living, I still don't see myself paying 2-3 times as much for a cabinet for them that's virtually/functionally identical in design and build to the cheaper one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts