Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didja remove the running boards?
Indeed I did. My PPV had them on when I bought it, and they were super faded from the sun as one would expect. I actually documented an experience in this thread, where I used a bedliner to coat them. It looked great for a short while, then they just weren't fitting what my look was. I am happy I took them off, gives it a much cleaner look IMO.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're faded on both of mine.I thought about removing them from thecopcar a while ago, but it wouldn't have gained anything since the bottom of the step is even with the bottom of the frame.

I may change them to a new step on thethirdtwin, but haven't decided yet. That's pretty low on the priority list.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I swapped rear tailgates, due to the holes drilled by NCSHP, the applique was hanging on barely by just 2 studs. Doesn't really hurt anything, but it has always bothered me.

I grabbed a brand new one off eBay, it actually has the camera mount and no button for the glass hatch. I do not have a camera, and I do have the button for the glass. Never use it though, and maybe now I'll grab a camera for the rear.

Slapped it on, and grabbed some of these LED lights for the hell of it. I'll report back on how they do at night if anyone is curious.

20230813_160315.jpg
20230813_160846.jpg
20230813_161137.jpg
20230813_173923.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had these LED's forever, one side started to flicker. So that's why I changed to the style in the previous post.

View attachment 406011
I have same and they do the same… and 1 reverse light falls out of the socket…. I think I got the whole kit of Amazon… all interior and those for the exterior.

Let me know how the tag lights work out.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I swapped rear tailgates, due to the holes drilled by NCSHP, the applique was hanging on barely by just 2 studs. Doesn't really hurt anything, but it has always bothered me.

I grabbed a brand new one off eBay, it actually has the camera mount and no button for the glass hatch. I do not have a camera, and I do have the button for the glass. Never use it though, and maybe now I'll grab a camera for the rear.

Slapped it on, and grabbed some of these LED lights for the hell of it. I'll report back on how they do at night if anyone is curious.

View attachment 406007
View attachment 406008
View attachment 406009
View attachment 406010

Damn, that's clean. Makes me wanna get a new applique to lose the bow tie.

I'd like to see how those LEDs do. Have a link for them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN