Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A123

Reaction score
The shocks won't change that. If you don't mind the harsh stock ride, I'd say go for it. I'd recommend a more progressive rate spring up front though.

No, my question is can I keep it at PPV height with these shocks?
I dont wanna go lower than PPV but definitely need a smoother ride...

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, my question is can I keep it at PPV height with these shocks?
I dont wanna go lower than PPV but definitely need a smoother ride...
PPV height is only 1" lower than stock. If you have the 265/60 tires on there still, they are low profile and make the truck an additional 1" lower (2" all together). It doesn't matter what shocks you put on it, if you didn't change the springs......you aren't going to change the ride height. But in the same aspect, if you didn't change the springs and the tires, you are going to have the same ****** ride.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I wanted to retain the OEM PPV front springs and shocks, so I'm dropping the front with the BellTech 2" drop spindles. Out back I'm using 3" springs, so effectively I'm doing a 2/2 drop on OEM sized tires.

Did you get the Spohn panhard bar?

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I wanted to retain the OEM PPV front springs and shocks, so I'm dropping the front with the BellTech 2" drop spindles. Out back I'm using 3" springs, so effectively I'm doing a 2/2 drop on OEM sized tires.

Did you get the Spohn panhard bar?
I didn't, the difference in axle placement doesn't bother me enough to.

A123

Reaction score
PPV height is only 1" lower than stock. If you have the 265/60 tires on there still, they are low profile and make the truck an additional 1" lower (2" all together). It doesn't matter what shocks you put on it, if you didn't change the springs......you aren't going to change the ride height. But in the same aspect, if you didn't change the springs and the tires, you are going to have the same ****** ride.

So did u replace ur Springs? If yes, with what?
BTW, I put on 265/70/17 on mine

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did u replace ur Springs? If yes, with what?
BTW, I put on 265/70/17 on mine
Great choice on the tires, they make a HUGE difference by themselves.

The 752SP kit retains the front springs but has new front struts, rear shocks, and rear springs. I might end up changing the front springs to a progressive rate, actually.

A123

Reaction score
Great choice on the tires, they make a HUGE difference by themselves.

The 752SP kit retains the front springs but has new front struts, rear shocks, and rear springs. I might end up changing the front springs to a progressive rate, actually.

So, if I buy this kit, I can keep it at stock PPV height? (I dont want it lower than PPV height)..
Also, any good brand I can buy only front springs that will improve ride quality?

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if I buy this kit, I can keep it at stock PPV height? (I dont want it lower than PPV height)..
Also, any good brand I can buy only front springs that will improve ride quality?
This kit should put you 1" lower than PPV height. You can buy a progressive rate front spring, since it will likely be marketed from a 'normal' Tahoe, look for a 1" drop with the aftermarket spring to retain PPV height.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter