Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The radio controls are plug and play with the steering wheel swap. Just swap wheels and you are done, nothing to do or plug to find.
My wheel isn't in bad shape so I didnt want to change it... just add the control switch... that's why I was interested in the plugs and harness...

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wheel isn't in bad shape so I didnt want to change it... just add the control switch... that's why I was interested in the plugs and harness...
Gotcha. I swapped my wheel out because the rubber was separating from the metal ring inside, evidently the Trooper than had my truck "death gripped" the steering wheel. I went with an OEM leather wheel, well worth it IMO.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got almost everything in to really complete my new radio install, the only thing I am lacking is the bottom dash tray with the USB plug and power plug. Got the USB harness for the OEM plug, USB cover, the parking brake/brake pedal sensor bypass for the head unit, and a wood grain trim bezel.

Patience is key for finding the right prices. I've been debating on ordering a wood grain bezel for months now, since I swapped the horizontal dash trim to wood grain last year. They are typically $50-60 in good shape but used, and you can find some around $75 or so plus shipping, new. I picked up one for $30 shipped, it is in perfect shape. Pretty stoked.parts.jpg

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you have better luck with the PAC setup. I did not and went with a maestro setup after returning the PAC.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea my PAC in my S2000 is garbage! Never using PAC again.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm done with this for now. Ran my phone mic in the port I created for the USB in the lower dash pocket, until I feel like running it into the overhead garage door opener panel.

But got my OEM USB hooked up, wired in the parking brake bypass, and put in my wood grain bezel. I'll clean the truck out Saturday and wipe it all down for a better pic inside. I'm pretty happy though.

For when I don't have my phone hooked up, I bought a small USB drive for my music, so it's less likely to get bumped or catch on something.
IMG_20191017_194121.jpg IMG_20191017_194226.jpg

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great!

I cant wait to install my steering wheel controls for the radio........tired of reaching over to adjust the volume

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steering wheel controls are on my list for tomorrow night as well as putting in a DIC switch...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne