Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW DickBrain, all of your points on the DIC have been very helpful. I plan on getting a DIC of my own.

Great thread, informative and filled with teenage humor that I can appreciate. I'm also part of the 40 and refuse to act my age club
The club welcomes you. :D

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So evidently you need to be careful on Amazon, I ordered 2 USB ports to replace the dual cigarette lighter outlets. Luckily they only had one, so they canceled my order. When I received a message from the vendor about canceling, it was half English and half Chinese. Somehow they have squeaked through the system and listed their location as Kentucky. That is where UPS has a worldwide hub, so surely why they are trying to use that location.

I ended up ordering this whole lower tray with a USB hub installed (power on the other side). Part number 20944422. Guess I'll put that in when I pull the radio back out. I didn't hook up the parking brake and brake pedal sensor, my own bad assumption that it was just for the backup camera if I added one. But I can't even set the damn clock on the radio, because I can't even open the settings without them. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So evidently you need to be careful on Amazon, I ordered 2 USB ports to replace the dual cigarette lighter outlets. Luckily they only had one, so they canceled my order. When I received a message from the vendor about canceling, it was half English and half Chinese. Somehow they have squeaked through the system and listed their location as Kentucky. That is where UPS has a worldwide hub, so surely why they are trying to use that location.

I ended up ordering this whole lower tray with a USB hub installed (power on the other side). Part number 20944422. Guess I'll put that in when I pull the radio back out. I didn't hook up the parking brake and brake pedal sensor, my own bad assumption that it was just for the backup camera if I added one. But I can't even set the damn clock on the radio, because I can't even open the settings without them. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

20944422 is the USB jack only. But now that you mentioned it, I recall another member (was it @CHOO CHOO?) found that you can get the whole bezel with a USB jack already in it for about the same price. Is that what you ordered? I searched around and I'm only finding the bezel with the traction control button: P/N 25980058. I guess you could swap in your current cubby hole. Still, the whole bezel is $25 which is cheaper than piecing it together. https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-...n-control-button-w-USB-25980058-/113660330078

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20944422 is the USB jack only. But now that you mentioned it, I recall another member (was it @CHOO CHOO?) found that you can get the whole bezel with a USB jack already in it for about the same price. Is that what you ordered? I searched around and I'm only finding the bezel with the traction control button: P/N 25980058. I guess you could swap in your current cubby hole. Still, the whole bezel is $25 which is cheaper than piecing it together. https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-...n-control-button-w-USB-25980058-/113660330078
Oops, posted the wrong number. Yeah I grabbed the whole trim piece and all for $19.95 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IMKE7WM/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Score! That's a much better deal and more convenient. Don't forget the cable. You could use any quality male mini USB to male USB off Amazon and just hot glue the mini end into the jack.
Got a harness too, as well as a USB cover. One of the covers on the power jacks was broken, so I can fix that now. :)

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a wood grain radio bezel as well, sick of looking at the scratches on the brushed aluminum. And since I already changed the horizontal trim to wood grain.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans