Slight "thud" on moderate accel from standstill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will grease my shaft then. :)
I know you can't always tell, but the noise doesn't sound like classic u joint. And by hand there isn't any play. Since the shaft will be disconnected, I can check it for feel.
Thank you I will report back!

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shaft greased, thud still there. I tried to post a power brake video, but too large. Moves some but not a lot. Really doesn't make the noise power braking. Son said it sounds like it is in the right front. Sway bar and bushings look good.
I will say, what a lot of slop the transfer case and rear end have for 130k miles IMO. But those should have all the slop out of them when taking off.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shaft greased, thud still there. I tried to post a power brake video, but too large. Moves some but not a lot. Really doesn't make the noise power braking. Son said it sounds like it is in the right front. Sway bar and bushings look good.
I will say, what a lot of slop the transfer case and rear end have for 130k miles IMO. But those should have all the slop out of them when taking off.

What about the front axle mounts? You didn't say whether or not you checked them...

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
I too have a thud when accelerating but haven't looked into it. It doesnt do it all the time, usually only when accelerating hard from a standstill. Gonna have a shop look at mine at some point. Feels like its coming from the ass end.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you check em?
not really sure on that one, I would imagine you could stick a pry bar up in there and see how much play they have, I didn't check mine I just came to the conclusion after doing everything else, my drivers side one was toast, had both of them replaced. there is not a lot of room to reach up in there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep