Slight "thud" on moderate accel from standstill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll stick it back on the lift and look at them.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the Trans mount... I have had cars do this, the trans would bump the bottom of the tunnel when the rear trans mount went bad... I have had the mount look perfectly, but then take a board and try to lift up on the trans and it would separate.

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will check that too. Anyone have an AWD that seems like it has more than it's share of driveline slack? The transfer case has a bunch. The rear seems plenty too, but not as bad as the transfer case.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will check that too. Anyone have an AWD that seems like it has more than it's share of driveline slack? The transfer case has a bunch. The rear seems plenty too, but not as bad as the transfer case.
Really hard to tell what is normal for the AWD partially because it has no park and simply binds against it's self

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...maybe a dumb idea, but could the sound be from the gas tank wall popping out with gas moving to the rear when you accelerate? Does the noise happen on a empty tank or full tank?

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...maybe a dumb idea, but could the sound be from the gas tank wall popping out with gas moving to the rear when you accelerate? Does the noise happen on a empty tank or full tank?
Full or empty the same.

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your drivers motor mount first.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Looked at that I think on page two. Movement seems within reason. Does not look broken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos