Slight miss but 6 mpg!!? Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like it's been running a little rich. Besides the suggestions that @wjburken had, have you checked the fuel pressure, key on - engine off, and with it running?

EDIT: can you graph B1S1 to see how much it's moving? Has the MAF been cleaned lately?

OP
OP
C

Chetty mo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like it's been running a little rich. Besides the suggestions that @wjburken had, have you checked the fuel pressure, key on - engine off, and with it running?

EDIT: can you graph B1S1 to see how much it's moving? Has the MAF been cleaned lately?
Yes cleaned Maf. Ordered new one. Yes that o2 goes from .1 to .9

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What caused you to install the new throttle body and throttle position sensor? Anything particular or were you just pulling the trigger on the parts cannon? Not throwing stones, but it’s always good to know what, if anything, drive previous decisions.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read if you dare.

It doesn’t get good until the bottom of page 9. I hope this isn’t your issue but it was for me. Wiped out lifter and camshaft. I tried to diagnose everything before I tore into the engine. I also had a slight miss only at idle and accelerating from idle

OP
OP
C

Chetty mo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What caused you to install the new throttle body and throttle position sensor? Anything particular or were you just pulling the trigger on the parts cannon? Not throwing stones, but it’s always good to know what, if anything, drive previous decisions.
My scanner is showing in red some values for the throttle position sensor. Position A and B. And absolute throttle position at 5.8% at idle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec